NEW Electric Bike £499 at 'The Range'

Mrke

Pedelecer
Mar 15, 2013
'The Range' are offering a new electric bike under the brand name 'Silent Force' for £499.99 inc delivery. It has a stepthrough frame, lights and comes in silver.

But wait, there is more... The pedals flash as they turn.

Click Here - Link

Reactions: amigafan2003

John F

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2013
The Range seem to be claiming a range of 50 - 100KM. The other one gives 40 - 45 !!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Found this link on the Silent Force website; these details appear to relate to the bike on The Range website.

Click Here - Link
That's a somewhat different model though, no full chaincase and lighter.

The Range is listed as a shocking 34 kilos, far too heavy for a three speed e-bike these days.

D

Deleted member 4366

There's no way that bike weighs 35kg. That must be the shipping weight. I wouldn;t worry abbout the 180w either. That's just to show that it's legal. That motor'll be good for 900w. If the controller isn't the standard 15 amps, a bit of solder on the shunt will soon make it so.

I think it looks like a nice bike that should get a few started on electric.

Reactions: Mrke

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There's no way that bike weighs 35kg.
My first thought too, but with some continental step-throughs nudging 30 kilos I didn't rule it right out.

I agree a good starter bike at that attractive price.

mjwobble

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
been looking for something that even resembles an eZee cadence and this does, won't be quite as powerful but I think I might just order it what a price!

does anyone know how much and where you would buy the replacement battery though?

also does it have twist grip throttle? (I see a red button - touch throttle or gear switch)

if it has throttle I'm ordering

thanks

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
and if I remember correctly, you have quite a lot of hills? this bike has a weak motor.

C

Cyclezee

Hi mjwobble,

A better and more practical. alternative to the Cadence for your terrain around Halifax would be an eZee Torq or eZee Sprint, they are of course much more expensive than the bike you are looking at.

Although the Cadence has the same powerful motor as the rest of the eZee range it is really a beach cruiser, not a hill climber.

mjwobble

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
item has been removed, there was a cadence on Ebay the other week but it was faulty, annoying.

the eZee motors are classy I just love the cruiser style

it is very hilly around here yes and there's some incredible rides, a Cadence with a 20ah would be the dream setup - if you get one let me know!!!

C

Cyclezee

item has been removed, there was a cadence on Ebay the other week but it was faulty, annoying.

the eZee motors are classy I just love the cruiser style

it is very hilly around here yes and there's some incredible rides, a Cadence with a 20ah would be the dream setup - if you get one let me know!!!
I've got one, it used to be yours;)
It has been rebuilt with a new motor, controller, new tyres, larger chainring and wiring etc., it also has 2 x 10Ah batteries and now looks like this.
20131213_145532 copy 2.jpg
The latest Cadence with a 20Ah battery would cost £1545 and we don't have any in stock. That does not mean would couldn't get one.

I still think that a Torq or Sprint would be be a better option for you.

The one that you saw on Ebay belonged to a guy from the Bristol area and The Electric Transport Shop contacted me about some new parts for it but they did not respond to my emails, so I guess he gave up.