Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Hmmmm no mudguards or any carrying capability. Thanks for the link. All this re-invention of the folding bikes is getting tiresome.

Ha ha just seen the anti theft device of putting on the disk brakes lol

Jerry

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
"In fact, there has not been any major or real innovation since its original creation in the 1800s. That is why we invented The Gi-Bike, by carefully challenging every aspect and design of the traditional bike."

That might be because a whole heap of things were tried before settling on the bike shape we know today? Recent developments in materials have permitted new designs but how many are really progress?

And the lady who wrote the article doesn't have a clue. OK she is a gadget column writer not a cyclist but jeez people...

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
OK bike europe published the link to the kickstarter campaign and I am more convinced.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/227461008/gi-flybike-the-first-electric-bike-that-folds-in-o

It is a vertical position city bike (thus of no use to me here) which has some very cool industrial design going on. They thought about the weight. No problems fixing punctures. They are using Bafang and Yadea to keep costs down with reasonable hope of high quality. An app that is actually useful - bike sharing/locking.

I hope that they succeed, there is no reason that they won't as far as I can see. Looks like a great city bike to me.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Nice bike. Its stle does not appeal to me particularly but can't see anything wrong with it.

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
I like the idea of this bike but riding position looks odd.
The riding position is not that unusual its just a relaxed geometry which allows easy foot on the ground stops and it is quite comfortable, you do lose a tiny bit of power seated but you can still stand and pedal if desired and depending on how relaxed the bikes angles are you can often add a lot of power by pulling on the handle bars as long as they are strong enough.