New Freerider electric folder

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
@bigbee on another thread kindly sent me preview pics of his firm's new model of centrally-cranked electric folder. I have therefore offered to post up the images.

I'll let bigbee write up the specification :D

Attachments

Last edited:

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aha, found how to display images inline... only works if you're logged in though (grrr)!

Last edited:

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
@bigbee - what's the expected release date?

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
250w motor ,battery 36V ,probably LiFePo4 to get more charge cycles.We are tweaking at the moment and delivery will prob be around two months-ish time

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Is the silver box on the back of the seat column the battery - looks a bit small?

Does look like a very nice bike, especially with the shocks and disk brakes. My only minor critical comment is the "Free and Easy" decal, which reminds me of taglines like "SuperHappyFun" that Far-Eastern manufacturers erroneously think work well in Western markets ;)

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
Free and Easy refers to me ! :) It wont be on there again I assure you! The batteries ommitted from the photos's ( it was early days!,two years ago!) .The silver box is the contoller,the battery attaches to the black box above it,I think you can see the key in it? The battery is about 4 x 5 inches ,but that may well change.

edit

The key for the battery wasnt in the photo but you can see the lock!

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Last edited:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Last edited:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Interesting. Do these bikes have throttle assist?
If this photo is at all representative (it is a similar kit to BigBee's), then yes:

tangent

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2010
It is good to see alternatives to the Panasonic and Yamaha units starting to appear. If I could change one thing on my Panasonic based bikes it would be the addition of full power throttle assist.

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nice bike. Are those bikes available in the UK as well?

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oops!

:eek:

Apologies one and all - I appear to have inadvertently broken a recently reposted rule about promotion of products. Sorry about that. Needless to say I don't have any cycle business to promote; I've not even bought my first e-bike yet! :eek:

<smacked wrist> ;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No rule broken halfer, that was referring to those who profit from promotion.

The rest of us who don't can freely publish everything about new bikes or reintroductions, the more the better. :)

So publish away! :cool:

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Phew, thanks flecc! :)