New Haibike

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I, ve had Haibike Hardseven with yamaha motor for about 3 years. Just approaching 4000 trouble free enjoyable miles. It has 400wh battery and I can achieve 28 miles off road with it.(even in high, which is where I nearly always use it) Bike is fantastic.
I believe torque on this model was 80nm,Haibike are claiming 120nm for their latest offerings. Anybody tried one and are they really such an improvement on older models.
I, d have guessed getting such an improvement in torque and still maintaing legality (steady state 250w) and maintaining range is impossible, but new models do come as standard with touch over 600wh batteries.
They also come with a lofty price tag.
Hoping to try one in near future but anybody got one? Or tried one?

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I'm looking at the moment. I won't be buying a new Haibike as think they are expensive for spec you get, also the TQ Flyron is a heavy motor. I'm undecided between the YT decoy cf pro race and the Radon Render hd10. There both in the 5k bracket, but think it will last me a good 5 years plus.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I'm looking at the moment. I won't be buying a new Haibike as think they are expensive for spec you get, also the TQ Flyron is a heavy motor. I'm undecided between the YT decoy cf pro race and the Radon Render hd10. There both in the 5k bracket, but think it will last me a good 5 years plus.
Yep, I was surprised at quoted weight, not that it would affect my riding. Putting it on wall might be harder... I, ll check out ones you mention.
I, ve had such a good experience with Haibike think I, d stay with them even if spec was a bit down... When you add up cost of bike parts on many e bikes you atent paying that much for motor/battery. The Haibike mentioned is much higher spec than my current one and thats been fine. Squeeky brakes now and then, couple of new cassettes/chains /brake pads but nothing else...

Jayfdee

Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2018
Just got a Haibike full seven 1. So far I am very impressed,I have never owned the older models so I cannot compare.
The newer model claims a higher cadence rate and increased torque. I can climb almost all the trails I use,the torque sensor gives very rapid pick up and makes it easy to get going on a steep start.
The longest ride so far is 40 miles over very steep terrain,the range indicator showed plenty of miles left,but it was feeling very tired and sluggish, so 40 miles seems about the limit and I do not like running the battery too low.
The motor is the Yamaha pwr se, with the 500wh battery.
The 1 is the entry level with basic componentry,but I can upgrade as required.

Reactions: argoose and Zlatan

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Ive got a flyon
the battery range is no better than my e8000 shimano 504wh and flyon 640wh but I thought as much, you cant have more assistance and power without some sacrifice
weight wise I have no issue with both my bikes they weigh around 24-25kg
the flyon motor itself is a little noisy when peddling gentle and weirdly quietens off when worked harder
as for the power it climbs like a mountain goat and yes I know it will wear out chains more but im not worried about that at all
compared to other mid drives it is a beast
the 48v 640wh battery is a heavy item as well and I think most of the extra weight in the flyon range is battery
as for the price there new so you pay I just offset it against my scott egenius which I bought cheap as an old stock model so its swings and roundabouts as they say .

Reactions: RobF

Related Articles

Advertisers