New lad on the eblock!

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
Hi all, just picked up first ebike today, after spending many hours looking at different websites, forums and you tube clips. Soon to be 59 years old, cycling for good few years done time trialling and long distance in the past is audax and sportive, general touring etc. Retired for a couple of years and like to get out regularly on bike although not doing massive mileages anymore. An interest in all e vehicles led me to explore a suitable ebike and eventually settled for an ex demo Giant dirt e 2, 2016, the yellow, black and blue model. I normally go for more subdued colours but am getting used to it! 65Km covered this afternoon and am really pleased with it. Ime less concerned about speed and more about comfort and range, was originally leaning towards a hybrid type road bike but chose the Dirt e cus is good value for money and am beginning to ride more off road tracks etc. Hope I've made the right choice but am impressed so far! Any other ebike users around Burton?

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Hope I've made the right choice but am impressed so far! Any other ebike users around Burton?
If it does what you want and you like it, you've made the right choice.
Welcome to the ebike world.

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
Thanks Jim, you're quite right been out again today making most of dry weather down here in the midlands although have put mudguards now . Looks like the range is around 65 to 70 miles on middle normal mode with mixed terrain. Will probably improve when I get used to riding it more economically. Tending to look out for possible free charging sockets when in cafes, the library etc