New Marzocchi RL 320 forks on my Haibike

jottoh

Just Joined
Sep 30, 2020
I have had these new forks on my bike for around 200 trail miles and they are anything but supple. I have adjusted as to preload and rebound yet no joy. Do I need to disassemble and slick honey the dickens out of them? Just keep riding?

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Most forks take a time to 'bed in' but have you also set the air pressure for your weight ?. too much is too firm.
Oddly supple is something marzocchi are famous for, from their incredible back in the day Z series.
Try maybe you tube or somewhere like STW bike forum, theres a great deal of riders there from all disciplines.

Raboa

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2014
Hi, here is the user manual for their forks.
On page 14, table 7 you will find the required air pressure for your weight, you may need to buy a shock pump if you don't have one already.
I would also buy a product called 'fork juice', it helps keeps your seals lubricated. I clean my top/inner fork legs and seals with isopropyl alcohol then spray 'fork juice' onto a cotton bud and wipe my fork seals with the lubed cotton bud.
Isopropyl alcohol is also good for cleaning disk brake rotors and wheel rims as it does not leave any residue. It smells so best done outside or a well ventilated area.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

Related Articles

Advertisers