Dayks

Just Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have been looking at buying an e-bike to commute to work with on a job I am starting next month and would appreciate any advice you can give me.

A little information about myself I am 5ft 8 and 17 stone (having packed on some weight since being made redundant from my last job) and live in Plymouth (which is very hilly) it has been about 10 years since I last did any cycling but I did try riding to work at my last job a couple of years ago, although I was able to do this, it was not a fun ride and left me very sweaty when I arrived at work.

The route to my new job is 4 miles each way, it is largely uphill on the way in with a fairly shallow gradient but there are spots where it gets much steeper, up to 15% for short climbs.

I started looking at getting a bike for £1000 but after reading up on the motor types I prefer the look of a CD motor over a hub motor due to the hilly nature of Plymouth, this has pushed my budget up and I have been looking at two bikes from Woosh as they look significantly cheaper than any other CD e-bikes and seem to have a good presence and reputation on here.

The bikes I am looking at are the Woosh Krieger and the Santana CD, in addition to the use in commuting I would like to use the bike occasionally on gravel and mud cycle paths in the area but this isn't a deal breaker.

Thanks in advance for any help, sorry about the wall of text.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome

If your looking at Woosh he is on here so would be easy to contact
Have a chat with him direct it’s always a good idea to get any concerns aired first obviously
Have fun with the hunt :)

Reactions: Dayks

Dayks

Just Joined
Oct 29, 2018
After a few messages with Woosh I settled on the Santana CD, which arrived yesterday, just taken it for my first ride (quick 10 minute play) and pleasantly surprised, still need to put in some effort on the steep hills around my area but I would get off and walk on a regular bike.

Most tiring part of the experience by far was carrying the bike upstairs to my flat afterwards, I expect long term I will look at getting bike storage for the garden but until then it will be a good work out.

Reactions: lyme and flecc