Gogs

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2011
Berwickshire
Hi everyone,

I have just joined the Pedelecs community, and look forward to using the site regularily.
I found it whilst doing a google search for something bike related the other day, and it seemed to be just what I had been looking for with so many knowledgeable members, who really understand electric bikes.
I have had electric bikes for around 10 years now, with the first one being a Powabyke euro 21 speed which used to be my fathers, he had it from new when he was 74, and rode it right up till he became ill at 79. I still have the bike, but sadly Dad has now passed away, he loved his bike though!
I then bought an Alien Ocean Cruiser which has a front wheel hub motor, and a 36v 10a/h battery on the rear luggage rack. I have had this for three years, and the only problem I have had with it, was a duff battery which was replaced immedietely, I had bought the battery as a range extender. I still use this bike, and still enjoy it.
I have recently bought myself a Wisper 905 se sports though, with the 14 a/h battery, and find this an excellent machine, we have some steep hills here in Berwickshire where I live, and the Wisper makes light work of them. I have had it around 4 months now, with no problems at all.
I am not sure about the range claims for the bike though, I am getting around 20 miles on a full charge, which takes it down to the last light on the charge level indicator, though we do have a steep climb or two on the way back from my usual run, and I am around 90 kilos. My 10 a/h alien does around the same mileage.
I am interested to hear there is a new higher capacity battery now, 16.5 a/h I think it is, and wonder if anyone can tell me more about it, and if it would fit my bike without too many mods, controller etc?
I'm sure I'm going to enjoy reading the posts on this forum.
Happy ebiking everyone!!