New Pededlec at 50Cycles?

Intex

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2008
I received the latest newsletter from 50Cycles, which had a pix and link to the new PrConnect-S, as well as a new Pedelec, I cant remmeber the name.

Unfortunately the links do not work. Does anyone have any info on these?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Err.... not until they repair the link:rolleyes:

Intex

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2008
I looked on the web and could not find the bike either?
If 50 cycles is watching this post, any help appreciated.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Not a pedelec Intex. 50cycles have started handling the Univega bikes which are not electrcic bikes, and it was those mentioned in the newsletter.

Here's a working link for you to see the Univega bikes.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Hello, the broken link was to the 2009 Tasman electric bike, which will be available with a crossbar as well as the 2008's step-thru frame. I've been trying out some new mailer software and it isn't as forgiving with link formats as the old system.

We've been all-hands-on-deck at the Cycle Show for the past few days and will be over the weekend, hence longer response times to some enquiries.:confused:

Last edited:

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Hello, the broken link was to the 2009 Tasman electric bike, which will be available with a crossbar as well as the 2008's step-thru frame. I've been trying out some new mailer software and it isn't as forgiving with link formats as the old system

We've been all-hands-on-deck at the Cycle Show for the past few days and will be over the weekend, hence longer response times to some enquiries.

Intex

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2008
Thank you Tim,
What are the major difference now, between the new 2009 Tasman and Pro-Connect?
Why would you c hoose one over the other? I would like to order 2 Kalkhoffs, but would appreciate more info prior.
Thanks

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Intex, there is quite a good specification of the two bikes on the 50 Cycles web site. It gives a comprehensive list of equipment / components fitted to each. This should enable you to see the difference.

I suppose the reason to choose one over the other comes down to personal preference. From my experience, the Pro Connect is a good fast road bike which is ideal for my needs of commuting on roads. However, once off road on something like a trail or canal footpath I find the Pro Connect painful. It transmits every bump through the seat and handlebars to the extent that it blurs the vision. If I wanted to ride on a mixture of trails and roads, I would have considered the Agatu or Tasman. But as I say everyone is different and it is what suits you that matters.

poppy

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
Covas, Ferrol. La Coruña. Spain
Intex, there is quite a good specification of the two bikes on the 50 Cycles web site. It gives a comprehensive list of equipment / components fitted to each. This should enable you to see the difference.

I suppose the reason to choose one over the other comes down to personal preference. From my experience, the Pro Connect is a good fast road bike which is ideal for my needs of commuting on roads. However, once off road on something like a trail or canal footpath I find the Pro Connect painful. It transmits every bump through the seat and handlebars to the extent that it blurs the vision. If I wanted to ride on a mixture of trails and roads, I would have considered the Agatu or Tasman. But as I say everyone is different and it is what suits you that matters.
let´s not forget that the Tasmam is almost 4.5 kg heavier than the Pro....

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thank you Tim,
What are the major difference now, between the new 2009 Tasman and Pro-Connect?
Why would you c hoose one over the other? I would like to order 2 Kalkhoffs, but would appreciate more info prior.
Thanks
The Tasman has been out some while and it's a deluxe version of the Agattu, and not related to the Pro Connect.

Teejay

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2008
NW London
Was quite impressed with the '09 spec Tasman at the show last week. Liked the availability of a diamond-frame version (at last!), the hydraulic brakes and above all for this kind of bike, the enclosed chaincase. Definitely heading in the right direction.:)

In an ideal world, in my view, it would also have - a high quality steel frame, as opposed to high quality aluminium alloy, non-rim brakes (rims are for supporting tyres, not for being worn away as a braking surface) and a Schmidt hub-dynamo as opposed to the Shimano one (simply the best available and a wonderful piece of engineering).

Even so, if only they had one with the high-speed (read: sensible cadence) option, I'd be at the shop, cheque-book in hand. Sadly, the legal poistion being what it is, we'll probably be in for a long wait for that.:(

That said, wonder if conversion kits will ever become available?