new shocks

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
does anyone have any suggestions for a set of forks as an upgrade for a haibike sduro hard seven.
the standard ones are a bit rough for my liking off road
thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
have you tried to adjust it with a shock pump? as it might be set to hard so let some air out of it and try that as new fox forks will be expensive if that is what you want.

• Useful
  • Informative
Reactions: IR772 and LeighPing

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
yes i have tried all adjustments to forks
played about with air pressure and rebound.
having done all this i realise that i will have the expense of some new forks .
the ones supplied are ok for entry level i suppose but i,m used to better on my non electric mtb.
the reason for asking on here is that there is an extra dimension in choosing forks for an emtb and that is the extra weight
thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
waight of the bike is not a problem just how much cash you want to spend and if you want more travel or not.

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
120mm travel and up to £400 if thats possible
also if weight is not a problem then why are manufacturers now making emtb specific forks
thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
also if weight is not a problem then why are manufacturers now making emtb specific forks.

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ ;)

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
ha ha , well maybe.
these look good but are out of stock atm
also can you remind me of whats required for the axle fitting with regard to my wheel which is just the standard q/r type ta

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Fox has paid close attention to the burgeoning e-MTB market and is looking to address the specific needs of these bikes by developing suspension forks better suited to their higher weights. The new “E-Bike Optimized” suspension forks have thicker, stiffer chassis and firmer tunes.

so there thicker and more heavy have more psi in them from new and prob cost 2 times the price.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
wheel wise you will have to change the end caps to 15mm axle so make sure they come off.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Why do you want 120mm forks when the OE ones are 100mm?

My hardtail preforms brilliantly on Fox 32 Fit4 100mm forks.

The one thing that I do intend to change when I service the forks is the lockout. I don't require or want the remote lockout, so I'm changing it to a manual change over.

The Suntour XCR 27.5 forks appear to weigh 2416g and the Fox 32 Fit4 forks weigh only 1770g That is quite some weight saving.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
but you have fox forks eddie and a bit more travel will not hurt as its why there so expensive.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
thanks for the info guys.
i,m opting for 120mm travel because thats what i have and like on my non electric mtb.
also 100mm appears to be more suited to xc and some of the terrain i ride is not.
its a few years since i built a bike to my own specs and i admit that times may have changed and 100mm forks may now be up to what i require so i will keep an open mind on this one
i know the bike came with 100mm forks but i was always going to upgrade at some point and the bike is so capable is so much fun and i am using it so much that i feel i can justify the upgrade
ta

Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
sr suntour forks are as cheap as they get and if you put some of them on ur bike after the first ride prob be going in the bin eddie.

there not very good at all fork wise thus why they are so cheap i think the ones the op has are like 130 quid if that.

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
those fox forks do look good but a bit out of my price range .lol.
eddie the terrain i am riding is not what i would have considered suitable for a cross country race but more enduro.
in fact i have recently ridden some sections of an enduro course and the bike was fine at my speeds appart from the forks.{ ae forrest}
i know that maybe riding this type of terrain may be more suitable for my full sus bike but i,m having so much fun on the haibike that i would like to make it a bit more comfortable.
also even with new forks i realise the haibike is never going to out perform the full sus and it will be ridden accordingly.
like i said earlier times have changed since i started mtb so forgive me if xc equiptment is capable of a lot more than it used to be.
thanks

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
also if weight is not a problem then why are manufacturers now making emtb specific forks
It is called "marketing". SRAM is selling a 450€ e-bike specific 8 speed cassette :eek:

Related Articles

Advertisers