New site

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Hi everyone, thanks for your patience today while we upgraded the forum and spruced up the rest of the site at the same time. There’s also a new ‘find an e-bike’ search tool and the dealer directory has been overhauled too, so please do take a look and tell us what you think.

There’s still a bit of work to do over the coming few days as some areas could only be updated once the new site had gone live. Doubtless there will be a few gremlins that need ironing out so please do tell us if you spot anything.

In the meantime we hope you like it!

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
Hi everyone, thanks for your patience today while we upgraded the forum and spruced up the rest of the site at the same time. There’s also a new ‘find an e-bike’ search tool and the dealer directory has been overhauled too, so please do take a look and tell us what you think.

There’s still a bit of work to do over the coming few days as some areas could only be updated once the new site had gone live. Doubtless there will be a few gremlins that need ironing out so please do tell us if you spot anything.

So Far I am NOT impressed all my blog entries have disappeared
Will that all be reinstated or has it GONE FOR EVER

regards emma

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi Emma,

They will be reinstated... there isn't a built in Blog section on this new forum software so there wasn't a default way to bring existing blogs across. But I am looking at some third party ones so please bear with me. It's been a huge update and there is still much to do.

Update: This also applies to the old 'Gallery' section although I have already implemented a new 'Media' feature where you can upload photos/videos etc. Again, there wasn't an easy way to bring across all the old content so this will happen gradually. The 'Media' section will be switched on tomorrow probably.

Last edited:

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
Looks promising with text format easier to read when logging in from my smart phone:D. I look forward to see the improvements as they are introduced. There appears to be a problem with screen jumping to top of this thread or to an advert which is rather annoying when typing this response:mad:. Just noticed the draft saved message appear on screen, a useful autosave feature?

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
ohhhh......sorry, so far I really dont like this at all.......
It just doesnt seem like 'our' site anymore, a bit unfriendly and strange :(
I suppose we will just have to get used to it....eventually.....and one day it might seem great, but for now I just feel like all my friends have disappeared into cyber space..........

Lynda:confused:

Reactions: Jimod

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Looks promising with text format easier to read when logging in from my smart phone:D. I look forward to see the improvements as they are introduced. There appears to be a problem with screen jumping to top of this thread or to an advert which is rather annoying when typing this response:mad:. Just noticed the draft saved message appear on screen, a useful autosave feature?
Can you let me know what operating system you are using, plus the browser (+ version).

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Mmmm. It's very different, and will take some getting used to. Is there an easy way to return to the top of a page (like the old 'Top' button?) Also, will we be getting our likes received/given restored?

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I don't like it. I'm mistrusting of change or anything that upsets my routine. This new site has disorientated me. I'm sending this message from a house that I used to live in 20 years ago having just walked in and started using the owner's computer, and I have just realised that it isn't 1:13 pm either.The old site was a reference point from which I could obtain situational awareness.

Why am I now an Active Member when flecc and all the others are Members? Am I relegated to Member, or worse, when I log off? How do I tell? It's like trying to see if the fridge light goes out when you close the door. What are Trophy Points? Why have I been given a Trophy today? What have I done? I'm frightened, please bring the old site back.

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
Can you let me know what operating system you are using, plus the browser (+ version).
Using Sony Experia S smart phone which uses the Android operating system. Very annoying when on my details page with flashing background making it a health hazard to enter details! Not had this problem from any othet website.

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
New site Homepage.
This page should be kept up to date, information on things that are no longer relevant should be replaced e.g. The Cycle Show, NEC Birmingham event September 2013.

los monty

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2013
Possible glitch Thread entitled Recommend a bike for my missus by Greencat seems to have disappeared from Recent Posts tried to bump it up but still does not appear. These posts are still available if you search for it on site.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
The new site is great.
But on the home page, I'd like the 'Forum discussions' to be renamed 'Latest forum posts' and moved above the 'Latest Events' on the right sidebar.
The contents of 'Latest Events' are rarely changed, it should not be given such prime position.

robert44

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2008
BS23

Have we lost the "What's new" facility?

Sheffmax

Pedelecer
Sep 5, 2013
Sheffield
I have no objection to any changes, I'm just a user of a free forum for which I'm very grateful. However, I was using Tapatalk on my Android device but it cannot find the new site. Am I just being useless?

D

Deleted member 4366

I've got the same Tapatalk 2.4.13 can't make a connection. What version do you have?

C

Cyclezee

Come on guys give them a break:rolleyes:
OK it's not perfect yet, but I am sure with some tweaking and improvements that will no doubt come in time we will all grow to love it:)

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Thanks everyone, we'll look at any glitches reported ASAP, re: Tapatalk it isn't installed yet but it is supported so we will be adding it shortly. There is still work to do we know..

Reactions: Sheffmax

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Thanks to all concerned for the undoubted hard work involved.
Although the site seems a bit clunky now I'm sure the new format will ultimately be an improvement and much better when we all get used to it,
One suggestion, how about a separate tab for Electronic Cigarettes?:)
Dave.

D

Deleted member 4366

There's lots of good things too. You're no longer limited to 50 private messages, nor 3 photos per post.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I like the look and format of the new site. I do miss tapatalk so looking forward to that

One of the other main ways I interact with the forum was via RSS feed. Will this be restored too ?

Advertisers