New tyres are good

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
Had my Raleigh Motus Grand Tour (step through) for a while now. The tyres it came with were the Mitas Flash and we usually ride on the road and cycle tracks. My wife got a new Wisper 705 recently, which came with slightly more aggressive looking tyres, smooth central part and a knobly outer.

One thing we had noticed with my bike, that on some of the cycle tracks which are damp or more gravelly, my bike became a bit twitchy at the rear end, but my wife’s bike didn’t.

Discussed this with the LBS, who suggested using a gravel and road tyre and recommended the Specialized Pathfinder Pro 2Bliss Ready tyre. So had them changed over and we were out today on a mixture of road, cycle paths and cycle tracks, some of which were full of puddles due to the recent wet weather, indeed today, we had a hail storm today whist we were out.

What a difference on the cycle track, no twitching under tyre and they felt nice and stable. There was no noticeable increase in noise on the road and cycle paths. So far, so good and very pleased with them.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Spec 2bliss pro are excellent for grip on the loose stuff, I have them on my gravel bike. The smooth center makes them very good for paved surfaces with bite grip on the edges for the loose stuff. Mine are set up for 2Bliss as that is what they are best for but no reason you can't run tubes in them. They look even better on the bike if you get the tan side walled ones.

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
Interesting. My wife had punctures on her first 2 trips out on her Motus and that was mostly only roadwork.

I swapped them for a pair of Schwalbe Marathon and she has had no further problems. I will look at the spec 2blis for mine. Thanks for the info.

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
Interesting. My wife had punctures on her first 2 trips out on her Motus and that was mostly only roadwork.

I swapped them for a pair of Schwalbe Marathon and she has had no further problems. I will look at the spec 2blis for mine. Thanks for the info.
What were the original tyres that were on the Motus?

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
What were the original tyres that were on the Motus?
They were the Mitas as well. Probably a bit of bad luck getting those punctures so quickly, but I decided to play safe having used the Schwalbe before on her old bike and been very pleased with them.

Reactions: DiggyGun