New Wisper 806 issues

GlasgowGirl

Just Joined
Apr 6, 2021
Hi there,

I recently received my new Wisper 806 bike via an online order (eBikes Direct). After setting things up I took it out on its first ride and noticed a loud creaking noise while riding. It sounded like it was coming from under me (I was thinking seat post maybe?) but as it only happened while I'm riding it's hard to pinpoint where it's from. After doing the obligatory Google, I checked the mudguards which seem to be clear of the wheels etc, and have used a bit of grease on the seat post incase it was that. I also have a second (comfier) saddle that I fitted to just to rule out any issues with the fitting of the original one) I took it out again to test earlier today, and the noise is still there. Would someone be able to advise me what else could be causing this noise and how to troubleshoot it? I took a video of the sound but it's not allowing me to upload it here unfortunately.

Also, the brakes are very squeaky, and the front brake doesn't seem very responsive at all. I am a complete novice to hydraulic brakes so haven't touched anything on them yet, but wondered it there is a fix for this (both issues, really) that would help avoid having to return the bike to the dealer, especially after such a long wait for it to become available!

Many thanks in advance.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Brakes are new and will need bedding in.
Pedals or crank creak ?

GlasgowGirl

Just Joined
Apr 6, 2021
Brakes are new and will need bedding in.
Pedals or crank creak ?
Thanks for the reply - Yes, I think it is something to do with the pedals/crank, as I've been doing some troubleshooting (basically looking like a right idiot riding about testing with bum on/off seat, feet on/off pedals, etc)!and it only seems to happen when my feet are on the pedals (not necessarily pedalling either, even just resting on them). It looks like I may need a tool for the crank, then? Would a generic one from Amazon do this? I'm quite handy in general but I'm new to all this bike tinkering so don't want to mess it up or get the wrong thing. Thanks again for taking the time to reply :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I don't know which BB they use but if it's SQ taper a standard BB tool is needed, it might just want tightening/torqueing up or a pedal needs tightening.

Markmi

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 10, 2019
grease or oil your spokes had the same issue on mine took me months to find it was dry spokes in the rear wheel

Advertisers