Newbee

Anthony-EJ

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 10, 2018
Witney - Oxfordshire
Hello

Pretty new to this lark. I’m 60 this year and the doctor has been on my back to lose weight, take more exercise and stop smoking! So 3 weeks ago I stopped smoking and bought myself a pedelec. I took delivery of my nice shiny (red) Wisper 705SE 575w two weeks ago. Stopping smoking has turned out to be surprisingly easy. Riding, after something like 40 years, is more challenging!

I’ve ridden to work a couple of times (12-mile round trip), which wasn’t too bad, except for the stock saddle, talk about a PITA. So, I bought a new Selle Royal Lookin Relax. Fitting it was a challenge, couldn’t budge the clamp bolt, had to take it to the dealer. Totally embarrassed as it took a fraction of a second for them to loosen it. Anyway, got home and fitted the new saddle. Mounted the battery with the intention of taking the bike out for a spin to try out my new comfy seat. Unfortunately, the bike refused to go!

I’ve posted about this in the Wisper clinic, so won’t bore you with the details. I’m just a bit disappointed that it seems to have broken in such a short space of time. The one thing I didn’t really research was just how robust these things are. From a technology point of view, I’m pretty aware of Lithium Ion batteries, brushless motors and controllers since I used to fly electric model aircraft. I sort of assumed that everything was fairly sorted these days. Not so sure now.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome

Hope you get it sorted soon
In general the bikes are pretty reliable these days but as with anything things can go wrong.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I’ve posted about this in the Wisper clinic, so won’t bore you with the details. I’m just a bit disappointed that it seems to have broken in such a short space of time. The one thing I didn’t really research was just how robust these things are. From a technology point of view, I’m pretty aware of Lithium Ion batteries, brushless motors and controllers since I used to fly electric model aircraft. I sort of assumed that everything was fairly sorted these days. Not so sure now.
Don't worry, Wisper reliability is good and their support is as very good. They'll make sure you are back in the saddle soon.

Let us know if you experience any problem and we'll get a quick response for you.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Flecc,

Hi Anthony, we will get back to you later today and will certainly resolve any issues very quickly. Sorry that you have had an issue.

All the best, David

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
don't worry, these things are pretty robust nowadays, just a swap out job. It'll soon be forgotten.
Enjoy your new ride.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes