Newbie help please Cyclotricity LCD "dasboard"

KeithH

Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2013
essex
I've just put the cyclotricity kit on my Trek 7300 hybrid. Fairly straight forward apart from a few nervous moments with an angle grinder and the forks and a few curses about the position of the bottle mounting points on the trek.
When setting up the dashboard I seem to have found a menu not documented in the manual. It appears on pressing the up and down buttons at the same time when already in set up. The bottom line then cycles through something like ... P1 88, P2 1, P3 1, P4 0, and P5 12.
What do these settings mean and does anyone know the default (I may have changed some of the parameters trying to get out of this.

I don't have the controller details easily to hand. Fitting it into the box was not easy and its well secured now with tape and cable ties!! The dashboard is a KT_LCD_V2.5 (Suzhou Kunteng Electronics.

All advice and help gratefully received
Thanks
Keith

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I would email Cyclotricity and ask for the defaults, it may save a lot of brain power:)

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi It is very important that you dont use the bike until they send you the settings if you get it wrong you can burn out the motor

to get out off programming mode press the 2 buttons until it goes back to normal mode

The other thing you can do is change the maximum speed from 25 KPH to 40 KPH

Sorry the max speed for 36 volts will be 32KPH

Last edited:

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Maybe post the default settings when you get them as it could help others in future.

KeithH

Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2013
essex
Thanks all.
I'm waiting for a reply and will of course post it on here.
"Mr xipi's" post has made me park the bike as burning out the motor on day 2 of ownership doesn't appeal!
BW
Keith

CycloTricity

Trade Member
Aug 8, 2012
www.cyclotricity.com
I've just put the cyclotricity kit on my Trek 7300 hybrid. Fairly straight forward apart from a few nervous moments with an angle grinder and the forks and a few curses about the position of the bottle mounting points on the trek.
When setting up the dashboard I seem to have found a menu not documented in the manual. It appears on pressing the up and down buttons at the same time when already in set up. The bottom line then cycles through something like ... P1 88, P2 1, P3 1, P4 0, and P5 12.
What do these settings mean and does anyone know the default (I may have changed some of the parameters trying to get out of this.

I don't have the controller details easily to hand. Fitting it into the box was not easy and its well secured now with tape and cable ties!! The dashboard is a KT_LCD_V2.5 (Suzhou Kunteng Electronics.

All advice and help gratefully received
Thanks
Keith
Dear Keith,

I have just replied to the email you sent us. We don't put details on how to access the menu on the user manual because we don't want people experimenting with them and end up messing the motor...as Frank delicately put it :)
Luckily, the parameters you stated are the correct default settings, so please carry on using it with these settings.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
OOPS
I seem to have let a cat out of some sort of bag!
Keith
I wouldn't worry about that, it's happening all the time.
Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to get help and advice and I'm sure you will be as happy with your kit as I am with mine, almost 900 trouble free miles so far.

robdomingo

Just Joined
Mar 8, 2014
This happened to me also albeit with cyclotrocity stealth. Do you have any idea what is the default values? The speedometer isn't working anymore. Aside from that it's fine. Thanks guys!

KeithH

Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2013
essex
P1 88, P2 1, P3 1, P4 0, and P5 12.
This is for their kit as supplied to me 6 months ago.
Ram Akily at Cyclotricity was very helpful and confirmed that my memory hadn't failed me very promptly.
Keith

robdomingo

Just Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Thanks for helping Keith! My speedometer used to work. I was wondering if I might have accidentally moved a sensor or something

D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks for helping Keith! My speedometer used to work. I was wondering if I might have accidentally moved a sensor or something
There's normally a magnet on one of your wheels and a sensor on your frame or fork. The magnet has to face the sensor and pass close to it each time the wheel rotates.