Newbie with electric scooter

Jezza69

Just Joined
Aug 8, 2021
Hi all, I recently purchased a Qings Wing 48v electric scooter that I think is an M4 copy. Anyway, apart from the controllers being absolute rubbish ( I brought 2 one for me and one for my lad). And both scooters have had to have 5 replacements between them. Only one was under warranty (only 1 month warranty apparently). So after mine blew the 3rd time I replaced it with a KT controller with 12 fets. It works a lot better and has a lot more torque. I coupled it with the LCD-9 display/throttle. The problems I had were that the battery doesn’t last long so I had another built at 52v 22ah. My question is, will the controller automatically detect the higher voltage? Or do you have to change it in the parameters somewhere? The instruction for this particular display are very basic and don’t tell you what the C or P settings do.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The parameters are the same across all KT LCDs, so you can download the instructions for any of them to see what the C and P parameters do.

You'd have been better with 48v. 52v can work, but some people get problems. Also, the LVC will be incorrect. You can turn it up a bit in the settings, but how much depends on your software version, otherwise yoy have to set the LCD to show voltage by pressing the power button a couple of times, then manage the LVC yourself, bearing in mind that the voltage accelerates downwards as the battery becomes drained.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
C12 allows about 41.5v max voltage cut out, this is low for 14s at 2.96v per cell group.
The battery BMS will likely cut out sooner use the lcd voltage readout and try to stay above 44.8v lvc.

Jezza69

Just Joined
Aug 8, 2021
Thanks for the advice guys. I will just keep an eye on the voltage and use that as a guide. Tbh I think I would do well to drain the pack as I don’t go far on it.