Newbie with Powacycle Puma LPX...In doubt

Northern Irelander

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2009
Hello all

I have just purchased a Puma folding bike for commuting long distance and ease of carriage on public transport. It was acquired via mail order

When connecting the battery for the first time, something shorted in the light unit, then the cable melted the whole way to the control unit, smoked the place out.

I phoned the company (e-b**** direct) the technician seemed very helpful they said a new unit would be sent out, but it only took them 2 1/2 weeks to get the bike delivered to me :mad: :rolleyes: wasn't impressed with customer service.

Im worried I have a duff unit, the range says 24-33 miles on PA, first time using the bike only managed around 17miles. (I'm 13 st)
I find the full power mode restricted, definitely feels like a power drain.

What can I do to enhance the power output of the 180w motor?

Many thanks

NI

Last edited:

tonio

Pedelecer
Aug 15, 2009
Hi fellow n.ireland ebiker! Sorry i cant offer you much technical advice but i know there are plenty on this forum who can (trying to undrestand some of this stuff is an education!} As far as i know 180w is not powerful enough a motor to be of any great assistance and i dont know if a better higher ah battery would increase the power. Im running an ezee Torq on two paralell 36v batteries {lead acid} and do find its better for going up hills than on a single battery however.
As yours is a new bike and if its possible, i would have sent it back to be replaced or got a refund. With an older bike like mine its fun to modify things but with a new bike under warranty {like my sons Alien Lynx} i would tend to leave things alone. The range seems a bit poor compared to whats advertised but perhaps someone with the same bike can comment on this.
Sorry if this doesnt help much but its nice to hear that im not the only n.ireland ebiker out there. hope your up and running soon. {missed the earlier reply}

Last edited:

Northern Irelander

Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2009
Sorry tonio, I duplicated the thread, have kept all replies in the other one, couldn't delete for some reason, mods help me out here.

Advertisers