Newcomer

Muckasmate

Just Joined
Jan 10, 2021
Hey I'm a 60yr old male just bought boardman mtx 8.8 hybrid 2020 and want to put electric kit on ,which should I use anyone

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
How heavy are you?
What sort of rides?
What sort of hills?
How fast do you want?
How far do you want to go.

You can fit any kit you want to a bike like that.

• Agree
Reactions: sjpt

Muckasmate

Just Joined
Jan 10, 2021
How heavy are you?
What sort of rides?
What sort of hills?
How fast do you want?
How far do you want to go.

You can fit any kit you want to a bike like that.
20 st
Riding mostly on Redway
Hills are steady (Milton Keynes)
Would like to do 2-3 hrs twice a day steady work out
Cheers

D

Deleted member 33385

20 st
Riding mostly on Redway
Hills are steady (Milton Keynes)
Would like to do 2-3 hrs twice a day steady work out
Cheers
I think that anything other than a larger battery could struggle to get the range you're looking for. A Bafang BBS01b kit with a 19.2ah like mine could fit the bill - my only worry is a detailed Police inspection of my C18 controller, which allows modification of the top speed, which is illegal. I've got "Don't arrest me! This is 250W!", stickers all over the place, and a password on the C18. With the Bafangs, batterry upgrades are (theoretically) easier.

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
I think anything but a large battery could struggle to get the range you're looking for. A Bafang BBS01b kit with a 19.2ah like mine could fit the bill - my only worry is a detailed Police inspection of my C18 controller, which allows modification of the top speed, which is illegal. I've got "Don't arrest me! This is 250W!", stickers all over the place, and a password on the C18.
Your top speed can be adjusted as you are riding, so as the dibble pull you over...
It's not something to worry about. Just keep it at 15.5mph.
My Bro has a Hailong with a Bosch mid drive, he is waiting for the dealer to fix his control panel.
I just sort Bbs01b out myself, tweak settings with the laptop etc.

D

Deleted member 33385

Your top speed can be adjusted as you are riding, so as the dibble pull you over...
It's not something to worry about. Just keep it at 15.5mph.
My Bro has a Hailong with a Bosch mid drive, he is waiting for the dealer to fix his control panel.
I just sort Bbs01b out myself, tweak settings with the laptop etc.
Jimriley, is that you on the unicycle and is that your normal commute? Are you tempted to Bafang it?

Last edited:

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
Yes, no and not possible! Though there are some motorised unicycles, they'd need a segway balancing system. easier is a large monowheel, you and motor sit inside the wheel.