Next! Going from Giant Dirt-E to what? Struggling!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
If your bike weighs under 15kg, you have the 8Ah 288wh battery. You come back with 3 bars on the meter so that would be about 120wh of use. 20 miles at an average 15.5 mph would take 1.3 hrs so to use 120wh from the battery. In that time, you were therefore drawing an average of 93w from the battery, but your system is only about 70% efficient, so you got an average 65 watts of assistance.
it is doable for a fit person. His Faro has thin hard Marathon tyres, rigid fork, straight bars meaning efficient with air resistance. It can easily be just as efficient as a Bosch bike, 6WH per mile, 120WH for 20 easy miles not much traffic lights, 40% of the battery's capacity, 3 bars out of 5 left.

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Hands up vfr 400 may have exaggerated the avg mph slightly, wife’s told me millions of times about it, but to be fair a section of the ride approximately a mile, is a pedestrian shared promenade/pavement seafront where speed is very much decreased. The second of these 2 rides is the only time range dropped to 2 bars but even then it returned to 3 after stopping 42C96708-B5B4-4529-869C-249BAC61D6FF.jpeg216EC9B3-9DE7-4F44-AE33-BE19F0C29D65.jpeg

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Hands up vfr 400 may have exaggerated the avg mph slightly, wife’s told me millions of times about it, but to be fair a section of the ride approximately a mile, is a pedestrian shared promenade/pavement seafront where speed is very much decreased. The second of these 2 rides is the only time range dropped to 2 bars but even then it returned to 3 after stopping View attachment 38710View attachment 38711
Sharing the data would be a lot more interesting than a map ;)

Barnsleyrob

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2020
How about a Van Moof ? I’d have been tempted if it hadn’t been for lack of storage space and having a smallish car boot. It comes with a boost button I believe.

Reactions: AnastieByte

gsm.terra

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2020
Edinburgh
If I was one of you're riding group, I would cycle at a slower pace so you could keep up!

AnastieByte

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 19, 2019
Vanmoof I’d never heard of. I like it’s design. After going out on my Dirt-E over the weekend and looking at a few bikes. I’ve decided I’m still more comfortable on a bike with flat bars . That’s a pity as some of the bikes I liked had drops.
the research continues!

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
I’ve tested a fuzua based fully carbon ebike with a 300w battery hidden in the frame.
this bike was a drop bar and very lively on the ordinary road surface but what a quick bike.
90% of the time I was up above 20mph (shortish ride of 10 miles) and very good assistance up the very steep hills.
I passed several peddlers and kept up with an chap who regularly leaves me in his tyre tracks.
This with a little customisation would definitely suit, the down side £8k

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
I’ve tested a fuzua based fully carbon ebike with a 300w battery hidden in the frame.
this bike was a drop bar and very lively on the ordinary road surface but what a quick bike.
90% of the time I was up above 20mph (shortish ride of 10 miles) and very good assistance up the very steep hills.
I passed several peddlers and kept up with an chap who regularly leaves me in his tyre tracks.
This with a little customisation would definitely suit, the down side £8k
I agree, The Specialized Creo I have just got is very similar, Carbon with hidden battery and Mahle motor and most of the time I am above the cut off and the motor is more than capable up hills due to the light weight of the bike, thankfully not as expensive as the above.

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
I agree, The Specialized Creo I have just got is very similar, Carbon with hidden battery and Mahle motor and most of the time I am above the cut off and the motor is more than capable up hills due to the light weight of the bike, thankfully not as expensive as the above.
Can I ask how much it was?