Nick here from Gtech

Nick_Gtech

Just Joined
Jan 13, 2017
Worcester, UK
Hi Guys, great forum. Thought I'd join so if anyone interested can get their questions in about our bikes. Gtech's my company and I've got 4 kids so time can be short but will try and keep up. I'm very interested in ebikes obviously and Gtech are committed to supporting electric cycling in the UK.

We were quite specific in what we wanted to achieve with our first bike and so far I'm pleased with how it has gone. The needs we tried to address were simplicity, reliability and riding enjoyment among others.

All the best
Nick

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Hi and welcome Nick...and say hello to your sheepdog for me too:)

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Welcome Nick

When you have a version that can handle the Basque mountains you know who to send one to for testing :)

• :D

Andrew Ford

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2016
Rotherham
Welcome Nick

If the bike had been priced correctly in the first place you would of received a lot more respect, that's not knocking the bike at all

One day ex number of pounds then the next six hundred pound plus cheaper
That gets peoples backs up

Anyway
Rant over

All the best
Andy

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Welcome Nick
At lease you are getting the E-bike noticed to the general public and I hope you can take in the advice given on this forum to make a better Gtech Mk2
Regards Bob

• Agree

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
I would suggest putting the battery size rather than stating it is 36 volt as comparison to other bikes is difficult without a capacity in watt hours or voltage and ah. On a positive note thanks to you we have sold alot more e-bikes :)

Last edited:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I would suggest putting the battery size rather than stating it is 36 volt as comparison to other bikes is difficult without a capacity in watt hours or voltage and ah. On a positive note thanks to you we have sold alot more e-bikes :)
The blurb states 36 volts and 200 watt hours, so If I've done my calculation correctly, it should be a 5.5 amp hour capacity battery.

I agree that total capacity is more useful than just watt hours and voltage.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
The blurb states 36 volts and 200 watt hours, so If I've done my calculation correctly, it should be a 5.5 amp hour capacity battery.

I agree that total capacity is more useful than just watt hours and voltage.
Did not notice that when they originally came out so must have added in which is fair enough I had heard that is what the capacity was though, would be interesting to know how realistic 30 miles is, we tend to quote 10ah 36volt (360wh) for that. You may be able to get in ideal conditions but would say you most would struggle.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: LeighPing and flecc

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
On a positive note, the bike is light at 16kg.

Also, 2 years warranty on frame, battery and electronics. I stand my ground that this would make a great commuter.

Psst..... Nick, if you'd like to donate me a bike for all the free publicity I'm giving you, then don't hesitate to PM me. I'll even throw in an honest review ;)

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Can see the attraction we sell a very similar e-bike which while note quite as light has some other benefits and also under £1000. Like anything just depends what you are looking for.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Firstly to Electrifying Cycles. Good to see you posting on the forum again. :)

On a positive note, the bike is light at 16kg.

Also, 2 years warranty on frame, battery and electronics. I stand my ground that this would make a great commuter.

Psst..... Nick, if you'd like to donate me a bike for all the free publicity I'm giving you, then don't hesitate to PM me. I'll even throw in an honest review ;)
"Making a great commuter" could be a rather bold statement to make. ;)

I'm another that would be interested in giving the bike a frank and honest review.

A like for like comparison against say the Woosh Karoo would be very interesting, especially as I have the route set out.
It is about time that I reviewed another bike to help alleviate the winter boredom. :) http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/2016-woosh-karoo-hub-drive.23864/

Last edited:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Firstly to Electrifying Cycles. Good to see you posting on the forum again. :)

Thanks Eddie, just been busy. Also worth comparing a Momentum Electric model, probably the Upstart, a three way between these bikes would be interesting.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
"Making a great commuter" could be a rather bold statement to make. ;)
Totally agree. Without testing the bike, I would hope that it would be low maintenance, cope with at least 20 miles of not too hilly road and prove to be reliable. That would be my own personal criteria for commuting to my work.