Noisy gears on new fold up electric bike

russell

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2008
I have just taken delivery of a 20" fold up electric bike name of the bike is a Swifty from Amazon.

It was a brilliant price and looks quite good, 6 gears, shimano gears.

Everything seems acceptable other than the gears sound a bit crunchy, maybe it could be a cheap chain or is it possible to make some adjustment any help would be appreciated.

I have had various electric bikes over the past 10 years, one of the last ones I bought was a fold up Tesco shopper bike which has been brilliant and is still going strong with the original battery. I am 76 years of age and ride around 45 miles a week using the electric as and when I feel like it `

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
They probably need adjusting. It's easy to bend the derailleur in shipping or if you put it in the back of a car the wrong way up, which will nock the deraileur out of line. There are loads of Youtube vids on how to adjust.

russell

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2008
They probably need adjusting. It's easy to bend the derailleur in shipping or if you put it in the back of a car the wrong way up, which will nock the deraileur out of line. There are loads of Youtube vids on how to adjust.

Thanks for the reply, what makes it a little more difficult is that if I lift the bike up and turn the pedals the gears seem to change ok but as soon as I ride the bike the problem appears with weight on. I will have a look at what you have suggested.

Many thanks

Advertisers