Non Soldering Connector for hall sensor pls?

my.motion

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2009
Hi All,

I want to fit a connector (non soldering, no crimping tools) to enable easy removal of the front hub motor. The connector must be waterproof please. I can use andersons powerpoles for the motor, but not sure what to use for Hall sensor 5 wires that do not require soldering. Any ideas please? has anyone used any type that requires no soldering or crimping?

Thanks

motion

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
OK, this is a difficult requirement. But it raises a question.
How do you use Anderson Powerpoles without soldering or crimping?

Ezee seem to have gone over to JST SM's for Hall connectors, but they require crimping and are not waterproof. I've been using Binder 712 which are waterproof but require some delicate soldering.

Nick

Last edited:

my.motion

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2009
OK, this is a difficult requirement. But it raises a question.
How do you use Anderson Powerpoles without soldering or crimping?

Nick
Thanks Nick,

Please excuse my ignorance, I thought with andersons you just feed the wire through the metal connectors and use pliers to crimple! :confused:

I guess I have to learn soldering :( Can a beginner do the delicate soldering on the 712 connectors?

Will these work?
5-way AMP Superseal Waterproof Connector Kit on eBay (end time 10-Sep-09 12:21:13 BST)

Last edited:

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
Hi,

The Anderson PPs can be soldered or crimped. Like most crimps its a special tool; pliers won't do it.

The Superseals look nice. I've not used them, but they look like they need crimping.

The motor phase current is not the same as the battery Ah. 14 A may well be enough for most motors.

I wouldn't suggest Binder 712 or anything that small for a beginner at soldering. I used them because they are small, but that can be a problem as well as a benefit

There isn't an ideal solution even if you are prepared to solder or invest in the crimp tools. I'm not sure what to suggest, apart from putting a terminal block inside a small case. I'd be interested in what other people suggest.

Nick