Odd Kalkhoff spares offer on eBay

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Looks like it's in a right state. As to the price it might be make offer but the asking price is silly. Hope springs eternal....

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
Thinking maybe that the decimal is in the wrong place. Is that grass coming out of the handlebar? lol!

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Selling for a friend= Really dodgy and I am trying to avoid any come back on me.
I don't know anything about electric bikes=I know all about electric bikes and this one has really major problems.
Needs a battery= stolen.

Reactions: Emo Rider

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Offer made £1.
With postage about right.
What will he say?

Reactions: oriteroom

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
D8ve

Like it :). If Emo is right and the decimal is in the wrong place, p'raps it was 0.799, in which case you're 20p over ;) How does he think postage will only be £3-ish. Cannot work out what's going on in one of the pictures with a badly corroded? lump of something hanging where the back wheel should be. Like the spring return on the stand. Perhaps it was locked in a cycle rack and somebody stripped it for bits.? Makes you wonder if the motor/controller are any good at all.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I believe the model is a Pro-Connect Disc. D8ve, that corroded lump near the back wheel is what used to be a Magura brake calliper.

I think that the Pro-Connect Disc is a fairly standard (26 Volt 250 Watt) Panasonic powered ebike. It probably had an Alfine 8 Speed back wheel. The disc brakes were a nice touch though.

In that state and the unknown condition of the motor, he will be lucky to achieve £100. There is a fully working PC Disc with battery for £1000 in 50C's second hand section. It has been there for months, so I would think that the seller will be open to an offer close to the £800 that this clown is asking on ebay.

D

Deleted member 4366

Ditn't we have a couple of members struggling to sell theirs complete and working for £600?

Reactions: Emo Rider

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Well he didn't accept my generous offer to take that heap of scrap off his hands.
What would it be worth.
Almost zero I think.
The parts required to rebuild the bike would amount to over a thousand if possible.
A working bike could cost £300 for legal as per the liquidated stock on eBay.
A D8veh special with illegal speed, power capability could also be under £500.
Or my Kalhoff 36 volt 12 Ah with derestriction for £500.(Ono)

Why would anyone pay more than scrap value.