OK what am I missing with this battery>>>>>

PP100

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2020
Too GOOD TO BE TRUE :mad:
The seller is dreaming the quoted ah is not possible with 13s and 3p waste of cash
Don't know why you are wary, it's that well know world wide respected brand "Shop5419100 " with their "five Star feedback".
Oops.."no feedback" :p
MWSnap085 2020-08-02, 22_30_12.jpg

Reactions: MikeFB

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
These and many others on AliEx are all false with claims that just done add up, come on £40 certainly just doesn't add up. At the very most it can only be 10.5ah as the largest capacity 18650 available is 3.5ah.
Similar ones have been posted on here before and on ES and only a fool would be parted with their money, that said I expect many fools have bought them before asking forums for their views. Though any one foolish enough to buy one I doubt will hold their hands up and say so.
More importantly no one knows what these batteries are like or their true capacity/rating and are likely really crap, It wouldn't surprise me if they are something like the so called 9900mah Trustfire cells which deliver less then 1000mah per cell.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I don't know what you're missing, but what that battery is missing is new cells. It will be made of the 17 pence recycled cells that are probably sold by the same seller. Normal cells cost around £3 each or more, so 13S3P would cost £117 plus the cost of the BMS, insulators, nickel strip, wire, connectors, heatshrink and cell-spacers.

Next, there's no way you can get 1000W out of that battery.

Finally, 28Ah is a complete joke. That would be 9Ah per cell. The biggest capacity cells are 3.5Ah, and they're very expensive.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
The Chinese have a habit of exaggerating everything it's just the way they do business. What there're very apt to do is show pictures of their factories with rows of employees assembling gadgets & gizmo's, and smart offices with their offerings on display in glass cabinets. They show pictures of huge fancy corporate buildings that have nothing to do with them, if fact there's a well known bike motor manufacturer that boasts a large building where they suggest equipment is constructed. Well I spent ages tracking down online where that building was using Google Maps & other methods of Earth surface imaging, it turned out the structure was a small factory on a industrial estate and certainly not the building depicted in their ads.
You just have to sort the wheat from the chaff, much of their stuff is very good as we all know.

MikeFB

Pedelecer
Jun 25, 2020
So, just to be clear here, I get the feeling (although I could be wrong?) that the consensus is that buying these is a NO and to stay away from these cheap nasty rubbish, false advertising, junk? :);)

Cheers Guys

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Looks like you have twigged it now, though the forum does need a guinea pig now and then to try/test items for general consensus.

Reactions: RobN

MikeFB

Pedelecer
Jun 25, 2020
Looks like you have twigged it now, though the forum does need a guinea pig now and then to try/test items for general consensus.
No problem, happy to help others with the same questions, but are too scared to ask. I also find if you don't ask a question or get other opinions on a subject you are learning about then moving forward becomes impossible.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If you look at that seller's other items, they're selling an 18650 charger with 6 x 18650 batteries for $15. That's very cheap. Then you see that the batteries are marked as 18,000 mAh, when the best ones in the world are only 3,500 mAh and cost £7 each. The only explanation is that the seller has re-wrapped the batteries with their own wrappings. Why would they re-wrap them? They probably also have been re-capped, where they place a new cap on top of the old one before wrapping to cover up the weld marks on the old caps of the recycled cells.

Here you can see a what you actually get. What it shows is the fake wrapping and the additional cap to cover up the weld marks on the top. you can just make out the 4 spot marks, which the video maker guy didn't notice.

Advertisers