Old Wisper 905SE - quick question

maloflora

Pedelecer
Nov 13, 2012
Hi all,

To tide me over while BH is being repaired, I picked up an old Wisper 905 Works SE Sport third-hand. It looks like being about 4 years old - here's a photo:

$T2eC16d,!zcFIeMP4q2rBSdk+6Ohyw~~60_12.JPG

Quick question: I don't understand the LEDs. It looks like battery but it went down to red under heavy load and then came back again. Is it more like a current monitor?

Is it better to trust the LEDs on the battery itself? That showed 3 out of 4 lights when the front indicator showed red. Might just have to risk it on a long ride!

Otherwise, it rides pretty well for a four year-old ebike!

D

Deleted member 4366

When batteries are old, the voltage sags down under load. The LEDs show voltage. You'll probably find range id down from standard.

maloflora

Pedelecer
Nov 13, 2012
I'm sure that's right. Still I did 20 miles on it today without a problem. Front LED was red, but battery monitor said half-full.

Working well for £350

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Maloflora!

Great buy for £350, well done, I am pleased to hear the bike is still going strong.

Thanks for your input Dave, you are of course absolutely correct. When the battery is under high load fewer Green LEDs will light or the the red LED may show up, either way there is no need to worry, simply stop pedalling and release the throttle for a couple of seconds and the true reading will show.

All the best

David

maloflora

Pedelecer
Nov 13, 2012
Thanks David. Another 12.5 miles done today and three out of four green LEDs on the battery still lit up so I'm relying on that for the moment!