Oldie still going strong

Jayfdee

Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2018
I have just de-lurked to join this excellent forum, thanks to all for the excellent advice, freely given, and to the polite debate.
Me, I am an oldie, and so is my bike, now an ebike.
I started Mountain biking in the late 1980s, with rigid frame bikes, and eventually graduated to an Orange P7 nickel plated rigid fork, ( now suspension),it was a beautiful machine.
My P7 has seen active service with many thousands of hard miles, numerous races and challenges, coast to coast 3 times,Alpine trails etc. Needless to say it is no longer very original, everything except the seat has been replaced, bit like "Triggers broom". Even had a new frame after someone tried to steal it and damaged the frame.
Anyway the bike is old, and now so am I, so I fitted it with a rear hub motor and 36V battery, and Wow, I am a reborn biker.
The kit was a cheapy from ebay, very easy to fit, took about 2hrs, worked first time, and now have over 1000 miles on the clock. Very few problems, snapped a few spokes, but soon replaced and re-trued the wheel, yes it was a cheap rim.
Battery range is not an issue, as even with my well loved saddle, my bum expires before the battery.
I am still learning from this forum, and hope to contribute, when my knowledge allows.
I still have my Cannondale MB, a full susser, which I may convert at some time.
Thanks to all the members for their advice.