Orbea Gain auxiliary battery

Inveral

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2019
I was looking to buy a new Orbea Gain e bike. I live in a very hilly region (Argyll) in Scotland so was looking to buy the auxiliary battery quoted in all of the Orbea marketing material. None of the retailers had any information so I e mailed Orbea. They have no release date for the battery but advised me to watch their website. I noticed on Pedelecs website that they told a customer in May that the battery would be available early 2019. I think they must be having difficulty in the development stage so will put off purchasing or look for a similar product.

BertYardbrush

Pedelecer
Jul 29, 2008
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Spoke to LBS last week after he'd been to an Orbea maintenance training event.
They were shown a dummy battery. :eek::D
He says they are expected in March.
I've done about 2,000 miles on my Orbea, much of it in the peak district. I use mainly eco, (green).
I'm managing 50 or so miles with 60% to 70% of the battery.
I have turned down the assist on the Green light to 80% and on the Amber light to 90%. It was a bit aggressive at full power.
Others in my club have bought Raleigh. Bit heavier than the Orbea but more powerful.

• Informative
Reactions: Artstu

Inveral

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2019
I am thinking of the Orbea d30 but am a bit worried if it will manage steeper hills. I have a Volt Pulse with a Bosch motor which is great for the really steep long hills in my area but is very heavy which makes it difficult to keep up on the flat. The Volt Pulse has 5 power levels and I can manage most hills on power level 2. I know it is difficult to compare but I was wondering if you can make a comparison.

Advertisers