Orbea Gain sizing

Inveral

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2019
I am going to buy an Orbea Gain D30. I am 5ft 11inches tall. The size chart shows me as requiring a 55cm medium. I thought I would need a large size. I read somewhere that Orbea tends to come in a bit bigger than other makes. There are no models available locally to try for size. Does anybody have any knowledge of Orbea sizing or any advice.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I'm 5' 8" and the small Orbea Gain I tried recently was exactly the right size for me, so I'd say medium is correct for you .

BucksCS

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 22, 2019
Chilterns
I normally ride a medium, I’m a touch under 5’9” these days ! I was advised to get the small D30, I did and the size is correct. Based on your height I would expect the medium to be your size.
At 5"8", the medium F40 is perfect for me. If in doubt, it's worth the effort of finding one to try, even if it means travelling. I just asked my local (ish) Orbea dealer who let me try one for 30 mins, even though they didn't have an official "demo" bike.

bsurf

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 25, 2019
I tried the D30 in London the other day and I’m 5’11 and the large was too big a reach. Medium felt much better. BTW anyone know the weight of the M30 medium - Orbea seem not to publish weights at all.

Inveral

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2019
I tried the D30 in London the other day and I’m 5’11 and the large was too big a reach. Medium felt much better. BTW anyone know the weight of the M30 medium - Orbea seem not to publish weights at all.
I saw a review quoting 10.5 kg but can’t remember where I saw it.
I ended up buying the medium Orbea Gain and it fitted my 5’11” perfectly. Thanks everybody for the info.

• Informative
Reactions: Artstu

badlywornroy

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2018
Richmond North Yorkshire
I saw a review quoting 10.5 kg but can’t remember where I saw it.
I ended up buying the medium Orbea Gain and it fitted my 5’11” perfectly. Thanks everybody for the info.
I would be flabbergasted if the M30 came anywhere near 10.5 kg. The ebikemotion hub/battery etc are reported as being 3.5 kg. This would make the bike 7 Kg without the 'e-bike' bits ! with the 105 groupset this is a 'pipedream'

P.s just reading a Gain M30 review in latest issue of Cycling UK’ magazine.
Weight 12.7kg (L) no pedals.

Last edited: