orbea gain

nightrider

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
been looking at the orbea gain, quite impressed by reviews , seems reasonable value, but the only thing that puts me off big time is that you cannot take battery off frame for charging, have to bring whole bike into house, I can actually live with that but the big stumbling block for me is sometimes like to tour at weekends,overnight in b&bs obviously cannot take bike into b&b, same with campsites, my old ebike just removed battery and more than usual the campsite owners were obliging or even better campers kitchen just charged up battery there, so really stumped with this bike, just wondering if anybody else is in this predicament.

Roberticus

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Rotherham
I really wanted one of these,mainly because of its looks and weight being quite 'normal', but after a lot of dithering I finally realised that it couldn't do what I needed (Ended up with synapse Neo )

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
been looking at the orbea gain, quite impressed by reviews , seems reasonable value, but the only thing that puts me off big time is that you cannot take battery off frame for charging, have to bring whole bike into house, I can actually live with that but the big stumbling block for me is sometimes like to tour at weekends,overnight in b&bs obviously cannot take bike into b&b, same with campsites, my old ebike just removed battery and more than usual the campsite owners were obliging or even better campers kitchen just charged up battery there, so really stumped with this bike, just wondering if anybody else is in this predicament.
Have you considered the Synapse Neo, I bought one of these earlier this year, done over 2000 miles on it and very pleased with it. You can remove the battery on it for charging off the bike if you so wish. I started a thread on the Neo a while back, worth a read if you are considering buying one. Cannondale often have big discounts on their bikes this time of the year so you could end up paying a lot less than I did when I purchased mine. Here is the thread.

nightrider

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
Have you considered the Synapse Neo, I bought one of these earlier this year, done over 2000 miles on it and very pleased with it. You can remove the battery on it for charging off the bike if you so wish. I started a thread on the Neo a while back, worth a read if you are considering buying one. Cannondale often have big discounts on their bikes this time of the year so you could end up paying a lot less than I did when I purchased mine. Here is the thread.

nightrider

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2014
hi nev, yes did give this serious consideration especially when evans cycles had them reduced to £2000 recently but unfortunately xl size only, too big for me, and sport fitness website or something like that name have orbea gain d50 down to £1499 , even with pain of battery removal I was sorely tempted, but then again xl size only