Help! Orlieb panniers and moustache bikes

Wizzelina

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 25, 2020
Hello - getting very excited as my Samedi 28.5 should hopefully arrive this week. Moustache have panniers designed by Orlieb but I nearly fainted at the cost c£200 (and we will have 2 bikes)! Does anyone no if other Orlieb panniers will fit the Moustache carrier please as reviews of the panniers do s

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire
I can't see that our Classic roll backs would not.
With only a few days to go wait, then give us the length dimensions of the top rail. Our Classics came with clip in spacers for I believe 10 mm dia tubing, their standard clip being for 15 mm [all from memory back to 2016 when we got ours]. These clips can be locked in various spacing on the bags themselves.
The lower clip turns various ways so I don't see that would be an issue either.
I would email Ortlieb asking them, nothing to lose trying to get a definitive answer.

D

Deleted member 33385

Hello - getting very excited as my Samedi 28.5 should hopefully arrive this week. Moustache have panniers designed by Orlieb but I nearly fainted at the cost c£200 (and we will have 2 bikes)! Does anyone no if other Orlieb panniers will fit the Moustache carrier please as reviews of the panniers do s

What an odd name for a bike! It's a Voodoo thing:

...also a Bond villain form "Live and Let Die".

D

Deleted member 33385

At that price for mudguards two bikes, I'd wonder if it'd be cheaper to buy some sheet alumimium, and getting it rolled into mudguards (and fittings welded on) at a local engineering company.

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire
Not mudguards but Ortlieb's pannier bags. Over four years ago ours cost £99, a pair and I looked far for that price. Worth it IMO if panniers are needed.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I have the Ortlieb Classic Roll Backs and find them brilliant. They have quite a lot of adjustment to fit different styles of rack, but ideally you would want to make sure they do.

I found Spa cycles mail order very good and they sell them at a more competative price than most..

Last edited:

Wizzelina

Jan 25, 2020
Apologies for delay in responding. We’ve gone for Ortlieb rollers - 1 set for OH’s bike for starters and I’ll try them to see how I get on with them. Having read up on reviews it’s worth spending the money as they appear to be fantastic quality.

Reactions: pentiumofborg

HarryML

May 29, 2019
Apologies for delay in responding. We’ve gone for Ortlieb rollers - 1 set for OH’s bike for starters and I’ll try them to see how I get on with them. Having read up on reviews it’s worth spending the money as they appear to be fantastic quality.
Hiya, I have a Samedi xroad3, I believe the pannier rails are designed for ortliebs 3.1 luggage system but you can remove the “lugs” to fit ortlieb 2.1. Are the bags you have purchased 3.1 or 2.1?

Wizzelina

Jan 25, 2020
Hi - we have purchased 2 of the panniers for the 3 system. I’ll investigate the 2 system - thank you that’s very helpful. You can also fit MIK? bags on it I believe.