Owner Reviews

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi all,

I'm currently working on a Buyer's Guide on the main site which will allow potential electric bike owners to narrow down the full range of bikes available according to certain criteria. The resulting tables will then show all the specs for further cross-examination and links to the retailers and offers etc.

Something else which I think would be excellent is the ability to post Owner Reviews in this section of the site too (e.g. following Nick's BionX example)

I would like to make the review fairly structured with a number of key questions to do with reliability, performance, ease of use and so on.

If any of you are happy to complete a review please drop me a line or reply to this thread. Also if you have any thoughts on specific questions that would form part of the review please reply here too.

thanks
Russ.

Nick

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2006
Hi Russ

Good idea, and I'm happy to re-write mine in a different format or add bits as necessary. It might be worth taking a look at the reviews on mtbr.com - nothing groundbreaking there but there are so many user reviews that you get a good feel of stuff before buying.

I think brief summaries or reviews serve a purpose too - I waflled on a bit in mine but once you get a few reviews of the same thing then a summary would be good, as well as the option to read the review in full. Something else that's useful is what the bike is used for and the rider's own requirements and abilities - hence my commute route and a bit of bumph about my leg, as a fully able club cyclist in Norfolk is going to have a different perspective to Mr 20 Stone with one leg in the Peak District.

Cheers
Nick

Last edited:

redalpha3

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2006
Hi Russ

If you give me a framework to hang my hat on I'd be happy to give you a review of my Sprint7. Early days yet...a whole 100 miles ridden!!!:D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
General handling and load carrying could be usefully included Russ, there's lots of unintentionally "bendy" bikes around, particularly step-throughs and folders.

Message to Pete

Go on, be brave, the world is quite safe beyond the front gate!:D

Last edited:

Jed

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
Count me in too!

Some questions inm no order:
Price paid?
How was the retailer to deal with?
Quality of after-sales support?
Best feature?
Worst feature?
Miles covered at time of review?
Any problems?

thanks
Jed

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Ok everyone,

I've add an Owner Review section to the main site.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/categories/Reviews/Electric-Bike-Reviews/

The first heading is labelled : Submit Your Own Review

If you click on this, you will be presented with a form whereby you can fill in a number of fields. I've tried to keep it simple as per Nick's suggestion mtbr.com. If you feel I should add more fields let me know. I've still got a bit of tweaking to do but it is working.

All reviews are emailed to me so I can filter out any spam ones so there will be a delay before it appears. I will add a page for each bike and on that page, there will be a table per review with the users comments within.

cheers
Russ.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks Russ. Completed three reviews for my three electrics. I've included the Giant Twist Lite which has been discontinued, since there will be many second hand ones and it's legendary reliability and quality will keep it around for a long time.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Thanks Flecc, just in the process of adding your reviews now.

Keep them coming folks!!

cheers
Russ.

MazB

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Hi Russ,

I would like to post a review of my Currie Motor, bought as a kit and added to my lovely bike. Is this ok? or do you just want complete bought as an electric bike reviews?

Great idea to have the reveiws..will help people a lot.

Thanks,
Marian.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi Marian,

electric bike kit reviews also very welcome!

Please also specify what type of bike it is fitted to in the review to help those who haven't got an existing bike decide what type to buy.

cheers
Russ.

Jed

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
Hi Russ,

great idea for a reviews section. It reminds me of the reviews you seen on Amazon to help you decide whether to buy a book or DVD. I will be seniding a review along!

thanks
Jed

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
eZee Life reviews

We ran a competition at 50cycles where we chose the best reviews from eZee electric bike owners. The winner, John Bisset in Aberdeenshire won a Li battery and charger to go with his Sprint 7. We published his story and five others on our website on a special eZee Life page, and the six stories present a compelling case for electric bike ownership in general, as well as eZee bikes in particular.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi Tim,

i'll add a link to that on the main site as I'm keen to have external reviews on there as well.

cheers
Russ.