Oxydrive

geezee74

Pedelecer
Jun 1, 2011
Hi, I have had an Oxydrive bike kit for a few years. However, due to health reasons it has not being used for a couple of those years. It has only done about 35km. I charged it up last year but it seemed to have a little power in it. I wondered if any of the cells had gone. I have tried to charge it this year but nothing is happening with the battery. No lights etc. I wondered if anybody had experience of the Oxydrive kits or repairing them?

I am situated in the Northampton/Leicestershire border. (Market Harborough)

Cheers, g

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Any issues you have will certainly be battery related, chances are that one or two cell string/groups have dived voltage wise. Surgery is needed on the battery to see if it is viable or not.
If you are practically minded, can tinker with items and use a multi/volt meter then you can open it up and investigate. We can lead and advise.
First of all we need to know the current state of charge voltage wise.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

geezee74

Pedelecer
Jun 1, 2011
Hi, I am getting nothing from the battery at all. I could open it up but I have no experience or knowledge of testing or fixing it.
I could open it and take some pics?

Thank you for your quick response, Zack

D

Deleted member 4366

Which kit is it? There's about 5 different ones.

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, that's the first one. They're not easy to repair, but you might be able to bring it back to life if you know basic electrical stuff and how to use crocodile clips.

As it happens, I have a brand new one of those in my kitchen. Somebody ordered it from Oxydrive a couple of weeks ago, but didn't make it clear which one they had, so the wrong one was specially sourced and sent to them. Rather than send it back to where it came from, Andrew (Oxydrive) asked if he could send it to me in case somebody wanted one in the UK. If you want it, let me know and I'll get a price from Andrew.

Last edited by a moderator:

geezee74

Pedelecer
Jun 1, 2011
Hi d8veh, i have only done about 35km on this one so it is a little frustrating that it is not charging. I am not sure how much I will use the bike due to my health so I was trying to keep the costs to a minimum.

Do you think that there will be much difference between repairing and getting a new one.

I do not have much electrical knowledge or equipment. However, I could have a go.

A couple of years ago, I contacted you about getting a bit more power to the bike. I'm not sure where we got to and wondered if this is costly or even possible?

Cheers, g

D

Deleted member 4366

You take the 4 screws out of the bottom and the top. Pull the bottom asside and push the cell-pack up to expose the top of the cell-pack. Peel off any tape or heat-shrink that covers the BMS on the top.

Some of those batteries are totally glued with white silicone. They're almost impossible to do repair.

When you've done that, show a photo of the BMS.