Oxygen eMate Controller & Display Replacement

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
I have realised that I cannot afford to go 48v with my eMate, but the electrics have gone tits up - again. It's long out of warranty, so that option is closed.

It's the version with the frame-mounted, Das Kit battery with an integrated controller in the mounting. I'm assuming it's the controller that has given up the ghost.

The question is how do I convert it to a 'normal' controller; i.e. one not integrated into the housing and which replacement and display do I go for? I will have to retain the battery & mounting, but suspect the new controller will have be housed elsewhere, probably in a saddle pack I have lying around.

Any suggestions?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The DAS controller is Luishi , you will need one with the julet connections if trying to marry one up. The OEM systems aren't easy to get parts so I now stick with non OEM KT stuff, my Oxydrive kit was the same. I replaced the controller and lcd with the KT solution though it isn't along the lines of the simpler plug and play julet system.

Reactions: Warwick

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You could also give Woosh bikes a call as they sell Luishi controllers, they aren't silly in refusing a sale if they can help. If they have any with julet plug and play wire connectors it should be compatible with your display if the multi pin connector is the same.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Understandably Woosh are reluctant to help with just a controller, as there are too many unknowns.

I will look and see what connectors I have for the various components and throw myself at the mercy of you good people to offer me some - hopefully - plug and play display controller combinations...

Advertisers