yep can hit 35mph on the flat :p

Reactions: Underlayunderlay

Underlayunderlay

Pedelecer
Oct 16, 2019
Dorset
yep can hit 35mph on the flat :p
WHAT!!! HOW....please tell ;)
So far I've put in the secret code, set to 62mph max (it's that or 18mph even though I know it won't get to 62) and on Power mode.....what am I missing or is the Oxygen motor limited to carrying a 'stout' person that fast/slow? :p ;) :p:rolleyes:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
bosch motor with dongle ;)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My Oxydrive kit with Bafang CST no markings but Andrew listed them as 250w maxed out at 24.6mph. The max speed will depend on the motor winding , 22mph you should be happy with that. Not forgetting as you near max speed the current (amps ) will cut back so torque is less, at this stage you are relying more on fitness/physical power rather then mechanical assist power.

For more speed with hubs you need voltage so 48v will give you 33% more speed or eke out a couple more mph with gearing, though as you say you are 16 stone so weight will hold the speed back a bit.

Last edited:

Underlayunderlay

Pedelecer
Oct 16, 2019
Dorset
though as you say you are 16 stone so weight will hold the speed back a bit
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: how very dare you,

Time to start peddling and get those lbs off!

Joking aside this e-bike I was part of my rehabilitation after a few back ops. Feels great to get off the settee and pretend to ride a bike :)

• :D
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Just think if you lose 10% of your weight, you could go 10% quicker.
Reduce the assist and speed level you use so that you physically help more in providing the assist, find a lower level your happy with then when it gets too easy again go a bit lower again and so on.

Last edited:

Underlayunderlay

Pedelecer
Oct 16, 2019
Dorset
Tomorrow's challenge then is down a steep hill lowest (highest?) Gear ....number 6 peddle assist, full throttle , peddle like mad and a large man holding on......
This could put me back in hospital :oops:

:):):):):)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I've got 22mph today :p

Anyone managed to get a 250w motor above that?

I've only had it a few days and absolutely love it :D
You should be able to get a lot more speed out of it than that. I think 120 mph should be possible. If you're going to go that fast, I'd recommend at least a crash helmet. Armour and one of those air-bag jackets are also a good idea.

Here's how you do it. Ride the bike to Beachy Head. When you get to the edge of the cliff, don't stop. Once you go over the edge, you'll feel the bike accelerate like you have a 50KW motor. I think 120 mph is going to be about the max. It might be a bit less if you have a lot of loose clothing or if you decide to wave your friends goodbye. The only problem with this method is that it tends to wipe the ebike grin off your face.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
You should be able to get a lot more speed out of it than that. I think 120 mph should be possible. If you're going to go that fast, I'd recommend at least a crash helmet. Armour and one of those air-bag jackets are also a good idea.

Here's how you do it. Ride the bike to Beachy Head. When you get to the edge of the cliff, don't stop. Once you go over the edge, you'll feel the bike accelerate like you have a 50KW motor. I think 120 mph is going to be about the max. It might be a bit less if you have a lot of loose clothing or if you decide to wave your friends goodbye. The only problem with this method is that it tends to wipe the ebike grin off your face.
150kw 200bhp ;)

Underlayunderlay

Pedelecer
Oct 16, 2019
Dorset

Ha ha ha ..... "It might be a bit less if you have a lot of loose clothing or if you decide to wave your friends goodbye" :D :D :D

What bloke doesn't want to go faster, bigger, better if it's on a bike, e-bike or even a motorbike. More than happy with the 22mph if that's all I can eek out of it but after spending 1.6k on my 1st mountain bike (lost my job two days after:confused:) maybe I should have bought a conversion kit instead? But with my mountain bike riding skills maybe not.
Btw I've saved some weight by letting all that heavy air out of the tyres....:oops:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Ha ha ha ..... "It might be a bit less if you have a lot of loose clothing or if you decide to wave your friends goodbye" :D :D :D

What bloke doesn't want to go faster, bigger, better if it's on a bike, e-bike or even a motorbike. More than happy with the 22mph if that's all I can eek out of it but after spending 1.6k on my 1st mountain bike (lost my job two days after:confused:) maybe I should have bought a conversion kit instead? But with my mountain bike riding skills maybe not.
Btw I've saved some weight by letting all that heavy air out of the tyres....:oops:
You got a really nice bike for that price. It'll give you many thousands of trouble-free miles. 22 mph is a nice speed for a bicycle. Any faster than that, sounds like a good idea, but it brings all sorts of problems, which will soon make you want to go back to 22 mph.

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
My Oxydrive kit with Bafang CST no markings but Andrew listed them as 250w maxed out at 24.6mph. The max speed will depend on the motor winding , 22mph you should be happy with that. Not forgetting as you near max speed the current (amps ) will cut back so torque is less, at this stage you are relying more on fitness/physical power rather then mechanical assist power.

For more speed with hubs you need voltage so 48v will give you 33% more speed or eke out a couple more mph with gearing, though as you say you are 16 stone so weight will hold the speed back a bit.
How and how much would you need to spend to get it to 48v

Related Articles

Advertisers