Oxygen S-Cross MTB MkII (S021 version)

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
I posted on the general section here, but someone reckoned this section would be more relevant.
I just bought a new S-Cross MTB MkII as above, and was planning to put a throttle on it, but have been informed by Oxygen that the latest models (presumably 2021 models?) can't have a throttle fitted, neither can they be deristricted.
I'm not overly concerned about derestricting, but would like the option of a throttle.
Would anyone have any idea whether or not there is a throttle available which would work, or would something need programming (were that possible)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Can you check whether you have the capped off connector on the harness that's clipped to the head-tube?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi Mate, any luck getting a throttle on the bike? i am interested in setting one up on mine too
You can fit a throttle, but only if you replace the controller, pedal sensor and LCD. Total cost is around £70 and you have to do some wiring and soldering.

Reactions: Hovlev2

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Hi Mate, any luck getting a throttle on the bike? i am interested in setting one up on mine too
Yes, I've now got a throttle, and derestricted it, so it will happily do about 21mph (which I find much more pleasant that 15!) As VFR said, you have to change the controller and display etc, but it wasn't that difficult, as long as you're happy with a bit of soldering! I've compiled a word document explaining how I did mine, along with what settings to use for The S Cross MTB

Kieran12

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 22, 2020
Yes, I've now got a throttle, and derestricted it, so it will happily do about 21mph (which I find much more pleasant that 15!) As VFR said, you have to change the controller and display etc, but it wasn't that difficult, as long as you're happy with a bit of soldering! I've compiled a word document explaining how I did mine, along with what settings to use for The S Cross MTB

Would be happy if you could share that document mate to take a look at? really getting annoyed with the 15.5mph cut out now. Appreciate any help

Reactions: Hovlev2

DrunkXD

Just Joined
Nov 24, 2022
i realize this is an old thread, but i also have the same problem with my S-Cross MTB MkII, i have no capped harness connector and my lcd is on the left of the bike, i don't mind buying new parts for it if someone would please msg me the word document guide with settings, if you still have it ?.
tnx !

Advertisers