Parking bike in the rain.

Kiblams

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 18, 2019
So when parked up at my work I like to remove the battery and computer from the bike to make it less desirable to theives, but on days like today when it rains I have to try to protect my controller, how do you guys handle this?

Image is of how I currently handle it.

Cheers!

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Use a cape to protect yourself and the bike when riding in the rain. When you park up, use the cape as a bike cover.

There are too many risks associated with leaving an uncovered electric bike in the rain. My advice is don't do it.

Reactions: Kiblams

Kiblams

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 18, 2019
Use a cape to protect yourself and the bike when riding in the rain. When you park up, use the cape as a bike cover.

There are too many risks associated with leaving an uncovered electric bike in the rain. My advice is don't do it.
I don't drive so my options are very much limited on that front.

The wiring is all waterproof connectors, the computer is removed and the hub is waterproof isn't it? So the only part to protect as I see it is the controller port as the controller/battery dock is waterproof when all put together.

Unless there's a high instance and horror stories of these things failing in rain from bad construction?

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
What vfr said

For what is worth I have never (yet) has water ingress issues caused by riding in rain. Quite a few by leaving it standing in rain. Avoid or protect is the answer