pas 5 giving problems

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hi all yesterday changed over 15amp controller to 17amp 36/48 with 350 moter wheel.

a brief ride ,all, was ok ,but throttle sticking, gave4v a liberal squirt of wd40.

today a longer ride 10 miles ,I try pas 2/3/4/5 al;l ok the thnrottle then ceases to function just get a (grumble from moter) I head home , I cross a road onto a cycle path in pas4 and suddenly have no pas/power.
checking controller leads all seems ok, I get a brief (001) error on lcd3
there is no pas on pas4 or pas 5. pas 3 worked for a bit then stopped, had to go home in pas 2.

got home removed throttle , pas seemed ok ,headed for local hill to try pas 5, on the flat suddenly no pas 5, just a grumble from moter, ride home in pas3.

not sure whats amiss the only thing I noticed is my 13ah battery from full charge dropped to 2 bars before 10 miles had been covered ,

I have other batteries to try but am now wary of going any distance in case pas fails altogether any tips on what I should check?

001 is throttle abnormality, havbe ordered new throttle from aliexpress

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Throttle is probably shorting and corrupting the pas as it overrides pas when used.
Very strange you are having all these little issues as my Yose with KT 20a dual volt controller has been faultless.

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
nealh yesterday after posting the above, I fitted my fully charged 17ah yosepower bought jan 2018.
the 15amp supplied controller I tested on the flat it drew 430watts , the 17amp one 530watts, on a local steepish hill I which I only got half way up on my bosch active line the other night before stopping.
although my speed was not high at 10mph I peddled quicker.

I then tried on a real steep hill which I got up a bit easier than with the 15amp controller , somewhat similar to the merida big trail emtb I tried last year on same hill.

however the wattage readout on lcd3 peaked at 570watts while climbing.

the ebc 13ah battery has not done 2k yet but it seems could not supply the power for pas4 or pas5 (throttle removed) which is strange as it with my 250w tdz2 sport mode would give abouit 21 miles.

the only time I have come to a standstill is on 10ah battery when almost fully drained .

the lcd3 was showing 2 bars left on the 13ah but could only run pas2 or 3 at most,

I suspect it could not handle the full power of 530watts throttle , that's why it suddenly ceased to work.

goes to show a descent battery makes a difference.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
As a reserve get me home I use a 11ah Samsung 22F pack and it works fine, in pas 5 I see 640w+ with pas or throttle no issue of cut out.

Double check all your connections inc phase for a poor contact, dodgy solder joint or bullets/sm connector pins loose or not crimped tightly.