PAS settings

davell

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Doncaster
Hi,
In the LCD settings on my bike there is a PAS section that has a value marked as ‘n’. This has a range of 0 to 255. Can anyone tell me what this is for? It is currently set to 255.
Thanks

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Check out this link.

davell

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Doncaster
Interesting!!! I too have a volt bike and have never touched this setting. Maybe 255 is not correct. What would the symptoms of this figure being wrong be?
The bike is two years old and I’m not aware of any issues. Not too sure that I understand neilh’s reply though. I know the speed readout on the lcd is always slightly higher than a gps satnav reading.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the setting value is wrong then your display speed will be wrong.

Lower the value 255 by 5 digits at a time and then check your speed reading against the gps, keep lowering the value until the readings are pretty well matched and constant with each other then fine tune by adjusting by one digit at a time. The setting is roughly calculated by how many internal motor magnets there are 20 is often a common number to have then you multiply that figure with the motor gearing reduction if it is known, the combined figure is used to set the 'n' value to so that speed read out is close to the legal cut off speed.

Advertisers