pedal clicking

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Hi Lloyd,
There is a clicking (more like a dull thump) coming from the left pedal (mainly, though the sound could be central). I can get it to click by either pedalling or freewheeling and pressing down on the pedal and wobbling it back and forth in the lower position, so its not the chain. Flecc suggested that the inner sprocket may need tightening and requires a special tool. I can't rememebr if I asked you about this before (must be getting on a bit!!). What is your advice?

BW
musicbooks

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
Pedal Crank

Hi Lloyd,
There is a clicking (more like a dull thump) coming from the left pedal (mainly, though the sound could be central). I can get it to click by either pedalling or freewheeling and pressing down on the pedal and wobbling it back and forth in the lower position, so its not the chain. Flecc suggested that the inner sprocket may need tightening and requires a special tool. I can't rememebr if I asked you about this before (must be getting on a bit!!). What is your advice?

BW
musicbooks
I am getting a sort of creaking noise from the pedal crank area on my week old Pro Connect.
I got the same noise on my Lafree ST after about 18 months of use.
Apart from this noise the Pro Connect is very quiet, but I would love to get rid of this crank noise. Any ideas?

Lloyd_50cycles

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2008
Nottingham
Hi Lloyd,

BW
musicbooks
Hi Musicbooks, it could be a couple of things, none serious. A click would suggest to me it could be either a dry thread on the pedal(remove pedal, clean the thread , apply grease to the thread and replace), or alternatively your crank arm could've worked a bit loose. Try simply tightening the crank bolt (14mm socket). If it persists after that let me know, and it will either be what Flecc suggested or a faulty pedal bearing, which we will of course just send you a new one. Any questions feel free to call me on 0844 800 5979. ( I will try my best to answer all calls out of hours).
All the best
Lloyd

Lloyd_50cycles

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2008
Nottingham
I am getting a sort of creaking noise from the pedal crank area on my week old Pro Connect.
I got the same noise on my Lafree ST after about 18 months of use.
Apart from this noise the Pro Connect is very quiet, but I would love to get rid of this crank noise. Any ideas?
Hi Walkerman, with your noise being a creak, that would almost definately suggest to me that the crank bolts need nipping up. It could be that there is some dirt in the tapered part of the thread, causing the noise. If you remove the 14mm nut under the cover on the crankarm, see if the crank is still wedged firmly on the taper. If not, remove it, and wipe the square taper part of the axle clean. Then refit and tighten the crankbolt (approx 45nm). Any probs, feel free to call me.
All the best
Lloyd

WALKERMAN

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2008
Apology

Hi Walkerman, with your noise being a creak, that would almost definately suggest to me that the crank bolts need nipping up. It could be that there is some dirt in the tapered part of the thread, causing the noise. If you remove the 14mm nut under the cover on the crankarm, see if the crank is still wedged firmly on the taper. If not, remove it, and wipe the square taper part of the axle clean. Then refit and tighten the crankbolt (approx 45nm). Any probs, feel free to call me.
All the best
Lloyd
Lloyd
I must apologise for inferring that it was the bike making the noise. I have been out this morning on it and I have established that it is coming from the 'Comfort Saddle' which I have fitted to the bike. The saddle is unique in that it moves slightly from side to side with each pedal action thus creating the noise and making me think it was coming from the crank area directly below :eek:

I have had the bike a week now and I am very impressed so far with the Pro Connect. The range of the battery is amazing, the bike is very light, the brakes are excellent, it rides just like an ordinary bike without power-on unlike my Lafree ST, and it looks great. I think I will have to sell my Lafree and buy another Pro Connect for my spare bike :)

Lloyd_50cycles

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2008
Nottingham
My apologies for the delayed reply, I have been away at shows this week with the demo bikes......busy times. Glad to hear your creak is sorted, if the saddle is consistently creaking you could try a tiny spray of lube in the rails of the saddle. That usually does the trick. Or alternatively turn up the volume on your ipod :D (not reccommended- you can't hear the cars!)

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Hi Musicbooks, it could be a couple of things, none serious. A click would suggest to me it could be either a dry thread on the pedal(remove pedal, clean the thread , apply grease to the thread and replace), or alternatively your crank arm could've worked a bit loose. Try simply tightening the crank bolt (14mm socket). If it persists after that let me know, and it will either be what Flecc suggested or a faulty pedal bearing, which we will of course just send you a new one. Any questions feel free to call me on 0844 800 5979. ( I will try my best to answer all calls out of hours).
All the best
Lloyd
Hi Lloyd,
Apologies for the delay in responding, I've been on holiday. Thanks for the advice. I think I'll take it in to a bike shop and have a techie look at it. I'll report back asap.

Thanks again,
Tom

Advertisers