Pedalease "2in1" 1500w kit any feedback on these?

Flatcap_FPV

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2019
Scotland
don't worry about your math. We count the number of cells in series for a BMS.
But I am worrying lol. If I go with a 15s pack and can't get a BMS, that makes life awkward if I finally decide to add them!
Simple Pack redesign to 16s for component availability isn't a big deal now but may have been if I had the pack built lol

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
that isn't the only problem you will have to solve!
For example: how are you going to program the controller for LVC ?
How will you program the LCD to display correctly the SOC of your battery?
How are you going to specify the motor winding to suit your wheel?
it takes me months to eliminate a single connector in my kits...

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
36v = 10S
48v = 13S
60v = 16S
72v = 18S

Speedict Neptune 15 is a 15S smart BMS. it's quite expensive, but has some very useful features:

Reactions: danielrlee

Flatcap_FPV

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2019
Scotland
that isn't the only problem you will have to solve!
For example: how are you going to program the controller for LVC ?
How will you program the LCD to display correctly the SOC of your battery?
How are you going to specify the motor winding to suit your wheel?
it takes me months to eliminate a single connector in my kits...
User manual + YouTube.
I already had a read through the manual for the lcd3 thats with the kit and also watched a couple of in-depth YouTube setup videos that take you through main, P & C settings in detail.
Windings and poles are on the spec sheet for the motor (failing that I can just pull the hub apart and count)
Lvc I would "usually" set at 3.2v/cell for flying machines so that i dont get false lv alarm on battery sag ... but I that's a little on the low side for this application and would use a more comfortable 3.5v/cell.
Again can be set on the controller, without double checking the manual i think it's total voltage... so 3.5x15 (or 16!) So an lvc of 52.5v (or 56v)
Not rightly sure what the magnets are about on the hub cover (think they have something to do with speed sensing but would need that clarified)

But mostly I'll do the same as any other self respecting fella...
Plug it all together, throw the manual in the bin and press buttons until it works HAHA (joking lol)

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

Flatcap_FPV

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2019
Scotland
36v = 10S
48v = 13S
60v = 16S
72v = 18S

Speedict Neptune 15 is a 15S smart BMS. it's quite expensive, but has some very useful features:
Cheers dude 16s it is to keep it a more mainstream voltage... man dunno how I've got out of whack thought 72v was 20s o_O
Doesn't bode well for doing batter calcs does it haha

Flatcap_FPV

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2019
Scotland
I really dunno about that mxus hub now, i don't like the torque curve compared with the Mac 10T hub!

Only real benefit to the mxus hub is +10 mile range over the mac and even that is showing 50mile on 60v18Ah which is more than enough!
Even if i use the Mac 6T to comparison the mxus has a load more torque below 12mph where they both converge around 70nm, but the Mac continues to deliver way more torque after while the mxus just nose dives.

The only make or break benefit i can see with the direct hub is when you actually pedal assist!
+100w human on the Mac gives +10mi, yet the same on the mxus gives +35mi...
Worth serious consideration if i had a sleeping bag and intended touring around the country!

So my next question...
Torque? 70, 90 or 115nm
Ok, so 115nm is the highest torque and the obvious answer, but could you give an analogy as to what those torque levels actually are like force wise?

Advertisers