Ping batteries - update

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Someone was asking about the current prices of Ping batteries. I can't find the post now, but I have just bought a second one.

My first one, a year ago, was £160 delivered. Last month's cost £222 (again, delivered to me). NB virtually all the difference in price is the £/$ exchange rate movement. Ping has only put the $ price up by a couple of percent which, given demand, is less than he probably could have done.

As last time, I was lucky enough to have no duty or VAT charged by customs.

Also as last time, excellent service and back-up.

I should add that my year-old battery is giving as good a range as ever with no hill cut-outs on a trip to Cornwall on the bank holiday weekend.

Frank

RobinC

Pedelecer
Jan 6, 2009
Bristol
Someone was asking about the current prices of Ping batteries. I can't find the post now, but I have just bought a second one.

My first one, a year ago, was £160 delivered. Last month's cost £222 (again, delivered to me). NB virtually all the difference in price is the £/$ exchange rate movement. Ping has only put the $ price up by a couple of percent which, given demand, is less than he probably could have done.

As last time, I was lucky enough to have no duty or VAT charged by customs.

Also as last time, excellent service and back-up.

I should add that my year-old battery is giving as good a range as ever with no hill cut-outs on a trip to Cornwall on the bank holiday weekend.

Frank
I guess this was for one of their V1.0 ebay batteries?

My V2.5 36V 10Ah which I ordered from their website arrived last week which also got through customs without charge. Total cost including postage was £259 but it will depend on the exchange rate at time of order.
It took 10 working days to build plus 5 days for shipping. Dimensions are as stated on website but weight is closer to 3.8Kg than the 3.7 claimed.
It will be a while before it gets tested as bike is still a work in progress.

Robin

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
Someone was asking about the current prices of Ping batteries. I can't find the post now, but I have just bought a second one. Frank
Hi Frank, did you fit the Ping battery to your Powacycle bike - if so, how is this achieved so that the battery still fits the bike?

Michael of Gwynedd

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2008
Caernarfon, Gwynedd
Hi Frank,

I have just ordered a V 2.5 Lifepo4 36volt 15 AH Battery from Li Ping via his web site. Mr Ping said: -

“We don't list all the packs on ebay, because of the high seller fees. You can find our own website by search "pingbattery" on Google. Our website is PayPal verified and you can order battery on it. Or you can send email to me so that I can send PayPal money request to you. Ebay filters email address and web address in messages. So, please send email to me. My address can be found in the item description and ebay store homepage.”

The cost including delivery will be £316, I ordered it on the 10th May, it should take 10 to 14 days to build, and 5 days to deliver, so it should arrive towards the end of next week, or at the outside early in June.

The battery is for my Ezee Forza, the existing battery only lasts about 8 to 10 mile on the flat, going uphill is a problem, I live at the top of a steep hill and like to have some reserve power to help me ride back to my home.

I intend to place the battery in a plastic industrial container and wire it up in a similar way to Tom who posted a thread some time ago.

I will let the forum know how things progress.

Michael