Posting batteries?

Sailfish

Just Joined
May 26, 2017
Edinburgh
Hi there

Apologies if this subject has been done to death elsewhere, I searched but didn't find anything.

I bought a replacement Li-ion battery for my Derby Cycles Technium Privilege - it came from a company in Germany, but despite saying is was a replacement for the battery my bike takes, it didn't fit.

The company have offered to refund me, if I send the battery back, but all the courier firms are telling me they cannot accept Li-ion batteries unless they're inside the item they are designed to power.

So does anyone know how I can get the battery back to them please? I'd be really grateful for some advice

Thanks, Sailfish

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
In a similar situation my very helpful local post office contacted head office who decided that the batteries were actually in the item they were powering. (An electric bicycle power pack) and allowed me to post it without any problem. This was about 6 months ago and was shipped within the UK.
Hope this helps..

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Sailfish

Just Joined
May 26, 2017
Edinburgh
In a similar situation my very helpful local post office contacted head office who decided that the batteries were actually in the item they were powering. (An electric bicycle power pack) and allowed me to post it without any problem. This was about 6 months ago and was shipped within the UK.
Hope this helps..

Thanks for that, one of the courier firms told me I couldn't send the battery unless I sent the bike too!

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Thanks for that, one of the courier firms told me I couldn't send the battery unless I sent the bike too!
Perhaps you might describe the thing differently...
It's a rechargeable power pack that contains batteries... rather that a battery that powers an ebike

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and jdallan