powabyke owner again

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
well ive done it again
i could see reasons not to buy a powabyke euro but not enough, the ezee sprint was the nearest option but it was nearly £400 more expensive, possibly worth every penny but its a lot to go over budget.
took it for its first run today 12mile round trip with the trailer to collect 4x5lit of paraffin, it was a very nice ride in pedal assist, i like the fact you only have power when you turn the throttle,( its strange we buy electric bikes but we don't need assist all the time)
the only down side was a puncture on the trailer but £3.00 for a new tube aint bad, and i will mend the old one to carry as a spare.
i thought i would do a report after say 250 miles which should cover teething problems.
mike

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No need to feel any guilt about choosing what you want Mike, just enjoy it. :)

It's got the sort of power you want for that type of work, and this second one obviously hasn't got the unwanted feature the first suffered from.

I'll look forward to your report in due course, hopefully all positive for you.

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
nigel

Hi mike
they are tanks but they keep on going i had mine for a year and it did 18 miles to work with still more juice left cant be bad:p
But longterm i wonder about the future of powabyke as most electric bikes the weight is getting less or lighter the big problem with powabyke is they are to heavy try to ride with no power or batt is flat it is allmost impossbile to ride any distance future is uncertain;) nigel. southampton.

electric.mike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2007
grimsby
nigel
you may be right but to be honest with its alloy frame and the promise of lithium batteries round the corner it may be moved from the heavy to med range.
out of interest we took the sakuras to asda today for some shopping,because we suspect that one of the batteries that we had recelled has a proplem.i had the trailer behind mine and on the way there i thought how much smoother and refined it was compered with the powabyke,on the way back with about the same wieght as yesterday i realised i needed the powabyke for pulling power. still ive got both know.
mike