powabyke shopper single speed

Gav501

Just Joined
May 25, 2010
Hi,
My uncle has gave me his powabyke shopper single speed to try and fix it for him. The problem is it all lights up but don't go. I've done the dianostic test procedure and come to the conclusion the crank sensor is at fault. i've looked everywhere on the net and can't seem to find the part. I have powered the motor up and it goes. Where can i order the part from and i was hopeing to view image of part before i order to make sure it is the right part. Failing this is there anyway to bypass the sensor or has anyone built in a switch direct from the battery to the motor, if so what amp switch should i use and where from.
Thank you.

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com
Hi,
My uncle has gave me his powabyke shopper single speed to try and fix it for him. The problem is it all lights up but don't go. I've done the dianostic test procedure and come to the conclusion the crank sensor is at fault. i've looked everywhere on the net and can't seem to find the part. I have powered the motor up and it goes. Where can i order the part from and i was hopeing to view image of part before i order to make sure it is the right part. Failing this is there anyway to bypass the sensor or has anyone built in a switch direct from the battery to the motor, if so what amp switch should i use and where from.
Thank you.
Hi Gav,

Contact your local dealer and order a PTDISABLE, this simply overrides the speed sensor and turns it to a twist and go bike. The part will be about £20. If you drop me an email fcurran@powabyke.com I will send you the instructions for fitting it.

Kind Regards

FrankC
Powabyke

Gav501

Just Joined
May 25, 2010

Thanks for replys is there anywhere on the net i can order a ptdisable as i don't know of any dealers in my area and will they know what im talking about and are they specific to individual bikes.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's a Powabyke specific part. If a local dealer cannot get it from Powabyke for you, mail Frank and ask him for your nearest Powabyke cycle shop agent.

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com
Thanks for replys is there anywhere on the net i can order a ptdisable as i don't know of any dealers in my area and will they know what im talking about and are they specific to individual bikes.
Hi Gav, where are you located in the country and I will try and find a dealer for you. Alternatively contact Bikes and Battery on 01780 471010 who can post one out to you.

Regards

FrankC
Powabyke

Gav501

Just Joined
May 25, 2010
Thanks for reply and i will probably use bikes and batterys this time but would be helpful for future reference if i knew who my local parts dealer was so if you could throw some light on it would be very helpful. I live in peacehaven which is just 20mins east of brighton. Also does anyone know a rough price of the part mentioned.