PowaCycle Extreme

Jed

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
Hi Carl

a few issues back in A to B magazine they showed a picuter of a new model. I think it was called the eXtreme. Do you have any more details on this bike e.g. when it will be available and the specs and so on ?

thanks

Jed

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Nigel

Hi carl
same question as jed i remember the picture because of the way the battery was very thin and fixed near where the rack would be also would it be a more powerfull motor:D NIGEL

penguin

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 29, 2007
The only information I have is that it was featured in issue 56, in A to B News.

The model name is PowaCycle Extreme LPX.

RRP £700
20 kg claimed weight
lithium polymer battery 'hidden' in the rack.

Looking at the picture in A to B, I can't see the motor in the front or back wheel,
in either case I shall reserve judgement untilreview samples become more readily available.

Powacycle, does the machine feature a crank motor?

Last edited:

PowaCycle

Finding my (electric) wheels
Hi All
Sorry it's taken a few days to reply - just recovering from being off ill!

The bike will be a little while off yet - probably lateish Autumn.
It will be a full-suspension aluminium framed mountain bike with our new style of battery design (patents pending!!). It will still be a hub motor, not sure on the power yet.
The picture of the bike in AtoB is just a sample one, and didn't even have the motor specced or fitted at the time - when the bike comes out, it may be quite a different finish, although the same style.

There will be some new technology with this bike, you'll just have to wait and see ;) I'll keep you updated on it, but like I say, it isn't imminent just yet.

Jed

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
hi there Carl, thank you for the update. I'll be looking forward to some more news on this bike when you have it and the new technology! ;)

thanks
Jed

Advertisers