Reviewer: Ben Essada

Purchased From: PowaCycle

Purchase Price: £599

Time Owned: 2 Months

Local Terrain: Moderate Hills

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Strengths:
Basic construction solid.

Electric's do 'exactly what is says on the tin' i.e will climb moderate hills (1:7) in 1st/2nd gear as if on a level ground. On level roads the 'constant tail wind' effect works nicely.

Range probably better than billed. Do about 20 miles per charge and have yet to see the 1st battery level indicator go out.

Looks nice. Have had genuinely complimentary comments from several
passing teenagers.

Weaknesses:
Peripheral equipment, I suspect fitted for the western market, of low quality. Mud guards cheap plastic I suspect designed for another model.
Front guard had bracket in the wrong place (reworked). Rear guard not same radius as wheel so reflector pointing skyward. Paint can be scraped
off the plastic parts with a finger nail !

6 speed derailure arm collapsed after two weeks. Replacement was only £10 but, comparing it with the original, I suspect that the former was a counterfeit part.

Battery + charger do not behave as described in manual. However with a
bit of experimentation (like plugging things in when already switched on) can be made to work.

Summary:
I am reasonably happy with the product but I am a competent electro-mechanical bodger and am viewing it as an interesting hobby, a
means of exercise and an alternative to the car for fair weather days .

If you are prepared to take it on under these terms it can provide a lot of fun.

If you want an effortless form of transport electrical propulsion is not there yet ... buy a moped.

If you are a 'greeny' with no practically skills but a belief that you are somehow going to 'save the planet' this not for you, Either it will get dumped and forgoten in the shed or you will end up demanding a refund.

Overall Rating (out of 10) : 7