Powacycle price increases

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
Just been on the Powacycle site and all the top models have risen by £100. The retailer on eBay is still selling at his old discounted price for the Salisbury LPX of £548 inc delivery, against the new delivered price from Powacycle of £724.
Starting to lose that 'bargain budget price' tag.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I suppose it was inevitable Danny, the rising raw material costs over the last year and changes in exchange rates have sent many prices higher. There's a hint of a silver lining in the threat of recession now in that raw material costs are falling again, so hopefully the prices will at least stabilise now.

Mattyduk

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2007
so what are peoples thought's on the Salisbury ? worth getting ? I'm now seriously considering something like this as the price of the Infinium (when it eventually comes out) is going be over £1000 and the new cytronex isn't out till next year.

For the price it might be a good tide me over for a while, especially as I don't know whether my job will last into next year, that I currently cycle to. £550 sounds too good to miss !

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It is a good basic bike and we have a number of users happy with it, but it is one of the lowest powered e-bikes at just over 300 watts peak power. Most mainstream e-bikes have around 400 to 450 watts peak and the most powerful like the eZee and Wisper models range from 500 to 700 watts peak.

Therefore best you try it first with respect to hill climbing of that's needed. It's the crossbar version of the Windsor step through model that Bigbee has just posted about here, and as you see, he found the hill climbing disconcerting.

Advertisers