price of bikes on ebay

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I dont know whether buyers are living in the real world, but item number 270210208097,just sold for £503 used, this was a lithium powacycle,and could have been bought brand new for £499 from another seller,recently a one year old,ezee liv sold for £460, if you budget for a probable new battery being needed at £300 you are paying almost the new price,and are getting no guarantee with the bike.

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
This happens quite a lot with all kinds of stuff on ebay, I recently sold a used DVD for more than the price a a new one from Amazon. I think people get upset when someone outbids them at the last minute and then make an irrational bid out of spite!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
For quite a while, 3 to 5 year old Lafree Twist models were being sold for around £750. Since they were almost needing a £250 new battery, and they cost £865 when new, the ebay prices were ridiculous. They slumped after I spoke out about it and challenged one person for mis-selling though, and more recently have been £200 to £300 where they should be.

Of course there a few bargains, like the new £450 complete Lafree Panasonic motor unit I got for £16, it's motor sprocket alone being £30 new.

They're rare though.

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Yes there are the odd bargains ,i find mainly when not listed properly,i bet that panasonic motor was not listed under electric bikes,it seems very up and down at times though,as an example my old sakura sold for £150,it was well listed and included several photos, full specifications were given, and i gave a brief description of what it could do.several months later i saw it was back on ebay with 1 photo and a very short description and it sold for £180.