Pricing of E-Bike, an academic survey

David Wu

Just Joined
Mar 7, 2018
UK
Dear E-bike experts,

Hello everyone, I am David :D, I am studying Marketing at LSE.

We have recently started an academic project on the price of E-bike for our pricing course. Our group and I are very excited. However, we are facing a major problem, not many people around us really know about E-bike, therefore, don't understand the terms we use in our survey. When I was really disappointed and about to give up, I found this Forum!! :D. When I was looking through this website, I found that there are so many passionate E-bike expertise here! We need your help to complete this academic research! The survey is completely anonymous and only for academic use.

https://lse.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3xDUjDtCDZcGjZ3

It would be very grateful if you could help us with the research. This research count as 40% of the mark so it is very important to us.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The UK legal motor power rating limit is 250 watts David, so the inclusion of 350 and 500 watt motors makes the comparisons invalid. They aren't options legally open to us. It would be best to have all options 250 watt rated.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
The UK legal motor power rating limit is 250 watts David, so the inclusion of 350 and 500 watt motors makes the comparisons invalid. They aren't options legally open to us. It would be best to have all options 250 watt rated.
Like what flecc said,
I didn't get past Q1,
it looked like a list of bikes that don't exist o_O A Trek with a shimano rear motor ?

Plodder Bob

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2017
Manchester
Oh dear think you need to go back to the drawing board didn’t get past Q1 either ! Bosch mid mounted doesn’t feature yet is very popular . You really need to make an effort to understand the terms in your own survey - poor show

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
It would be very grateful if you could help us with the research. This research count as 40% of the mark so it is very important to us.
I hope the other 60% isn't for spelling and grammar. :)
I hope you get the help you need.

• Agree
Reactions: Gaz

David Wu

Just Joined
Mar 7, 2018
UK
Hey Flecc, this survey was designed for US which allows higher watts on motor, just do them pretent that if you can have a higher watt motor

David Wu

Just Joined
Mar 7, 2018
UK
I hope the other 60% isn't for spelling and grammar. :)
I hope you get the help you need.
Hey, sorry this was not explained clearly. This is a research method called conjoint analysis which mix and match different attributes together. They won't exist in real life. But pretend if they do and rate how much you are willing to pay for it if it does. ;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hey Flecc, this survey was designed for US which allows higher watts on motor, just do them pretent that if you can have a higher watt motor
I've completed it David, but I doubt the response has much validity since it's not possible to make sound judgements of what doesn't exist.

However the value to you of the survey is probably more that you've demonstrated the research and how thorough that is judged to be.

• Agree
Reactions: Crockers
D

Deleted member 4366

Guys, you're just supposed to rate the desirability of each bike as if they are allowed and do exist. They're just hypothetical bikes. Why do you have to make everything so hard?

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Hello everyone, I am David :D, I am studying Marketing at LSE.

We have recently started an academic project on the price of E-bike for our pricing course.

I am not too sure that I buy this.
The market sets the price, not some vague LSE research.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Guys, you're just supposed to rate the desirability of each bike as if they are allowed and do exist. They're just hypothetical bikes. Why do you have to make everything so hard?
Because it's nonsensical to ask here when most of it will never be available. Of course many will rate 350 and 500 watt desirable, but to what point when it cannot result in a practical outcome?

A hypothetical question for a hypothetical world only, so of no value.

• Agree
Reactions: mike killay

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Well, according to Wiki, conjoint analysis is a valid thing, but whether it works is another matter.
Look how the pricing of the G Tech bike wobbled all over the place.
My guess is that most marketers look at other products, calculate their costs and price as competitively as possible. (Except Estate Agents!)

• Agree
Reactions: flecc