Pro Connect Lights

Neil

Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2008
My new Pro Connect arrived and the non LED lights were a bit of a disappointment. Having a Busch & Muller 2.4 watt LED front light I decided to replace the Pro connect light with this one.

Not a good move. The light came on for a split second and then all went off. Now no lights work (even putting the old unit back). Switching on the lights just dims the led.

So take

Markb

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 3, 2008
There is a fuse that protects the lights on the pro connect - it is located just above the motor and is accessed by removing all the plastic covers around the bottom bracket, then pull out a kind of plastic sock from the left hand side of the bike. There are some connectors and the lights fuse is in there.

Good luck,
Mark

JamesC

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2007
Peterborough, UK
There is a fuse that protects the lights on the pro connect - it is located just above the motor and is accessed by removing all the plastic covers around the bottom bracket, then pull out a kind of plastic sock from the left hand side of the bike. There are some connectors and the lights fuse is in there.

Good luck,
Mark
Many thanks for that knowledge on the fuse. I have not had the fuse blow, but have it on my list to trim/insulate the bare wires where they go into the back light.

James

Markb

Jul 3, 2008
The wires on my rear light are not bare where they enter the light fitting, but I haven't taken it apart yet to see how they are connected.
It is on my list to upgrade the lights - both halogen and not very bright.

A word of warning about the front light fitting - I have damaged the retaining clip at the top of the bulb housing whilst dismantling it. I think the correct procedure would be to fully release the clip between the reflector and the housing, then rotating the bottom of the housing out being carefull not to stress the top clip (which is not visible when assembled).

Mark

Markb

Jul 3, 2008
I did some more investigation into the lights fitted to my pro connect today, or more specifically the power source for them. I was expecting 6v DC but the multimeter was measuring much lower than this in both ac and DC modes. As I was at work, I got an oscilloscope out to check the waveform and was surprised to see a 115us 27v pulse repeated every 2.65 ms.

I wonder if Neil overloaded his LED light by connecting it up in place of the halogen? White LED's have a forward voltage of around 3.5v but I don't know how tolerant they are of being over driven for a short time.

Any comments?

Mark

Neil

Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2008
I put the LED light back on my old bike and it still works. The Lights on the Pro Connect still do not. The LED light has blown something up (don’t think it the fuse as the led on the control dims).

TomB

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
does anyone have any further news/experiences here? am thinking of upgrading my pro connect lights to B&M LED from and rear....

am i naive in assuming i can switch the current B&M lights (designed to usually work with a 6v B&M dynamo system) to a set of LED lights designed to work with a 6V dynamo system!?:eek:

any help or comments much appreciated :)

Advertisers